Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Gadzooks!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Gadzooks!

The temperature is actually 34 degrees here in lovely snow-covered New England.  We're having a heat wave!

My Kitchen is finally finished!  Mostly.  A few small touches here and there, and they are still working on the butler's pantry, and converting the old kitchen into the new family room.  But it is usable, the appliances have been installed, along with the island and the cabinets and the counters, and the totally frivolous Victorian Over-mantel has been put back over the fireplace...and it looks simply amazing.

I'm just so happy!  Cold...but happy. 

And strange and bizarre things seem to be brewing at DC this spring.  Following Convergence, will apparently come Divergence, wherein, the new 52 will be transmogrified into something...else.  I know not what.  But I am intrigued, nevertheless. 

They are going to lose some of the Green Lantern books, and have regular Green Lantern and Green Lantern: Lost Army, whatever that may be, and apparently Sinestro is still going to be hanging around.

Batman and Robin is going to become Robin, Son of Batman, drawn AND written by Pat Gleason, so I will surely be picking that up. 

There is going to be a Martian Manhunter book.  Finally!  Secret Six will continue, along with Gotham Academy.  Superman and Wonder Woman is going to be written by Pete Tomasi and drawn by Doug Mahnke, so I will finally have to pick that up as well.  The Finches continue to destroy Wonder Woman in her own book, so that will so stay off of my list. 

But what really intrigues me, are some rather bizarre books...Bat-Mite, Prez and Section Eight.  Bat-Mite looks pretty silly, not sure about Prez, but I'm glad that it will exist, but the thought of Garth Ennis and John McCrea getting back together on Section Eight just fills me with joy.  Dog-Welder!  Bueno Excellente!  Oh, it will be horrifying and hilarious!

Over at Marvel, for some misbegotten reason, they have decided to resurrect Secret Wars.  It wasn't particularly great the first time, and it was seriously terrible the second time, and for some reason, I doubt that the third time is going to be the charm.  What does worry me, is what is it going to do for the few books that I happen to love, such as Hawkeye, Ms Marvel, Daredevil and Squirrel Girl?  Oh, and Loki.  They're weird, they're wacky, and I adore them.  Why can't I have nice things? 

So, it's going to be...interesting to say the least.

6 Comments:

At 4:19 PM, Blogger Erin S. said...

Other than the Star Wars books I can't find anything I'm interested in at Marvel.

Oh good, I thought I was the only one that didn't know what the new GL book was about. At least DC is trying new things. Curiously the returning weekly books haven't been announced.

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger CalvinPitt said...

I still can't believe they're doing a Section Eight book. I think I skipped over the creative teams when they announced the books, because I just assumed it was going to be about another one of those vague paramilitary organizations the new 52 was littered with (ARGUS, Task Force X, that Team 8 book that had Deathstroke, Waller, and the Black Canary on it).

But no, Ennis and McCrea, wild.

And I'm with you Sally, I am concerned what Secret Wars is going to do to the rest of their line. I know Marvel has generally left it up to each creative team to decide if they want to join in these last few years, but this feels like the sort of thing that's too big to be voluntary. Which is a bad omen.

 
At 7:40 PM, Anonymous Jimmythejiver said...

I'm excited about Justice League 3001 and if the other books get good buzz and are actually serious about story over continuity I'll give them a shot. Starfire should seam promising if that motto proves true. Maybe Earth 2: Society will have a better direction that isn't Powergirl/Huntress centric and full of slow-burning destruction.

I know your excited about the Son of Batman book, but I'm not. He's the sole reason I won't touch the Batline pre-52 and my bad luck it's the least changed by the reboot. Not excited about the brat getting more exposure, but bad Morrison ideas won't lie down will they? Congratulations though.

I thought Pete Tomasi and Doug Mahnke have been the creative team on that crappy book for awhile. I could of sworn I've read some bad reviews that mention their portrayal of Wonder Woman having to condescendingly learn compassion from Superman and acting like a shrewish girlfriend. The artwork even looked like Mahnke's from memory.

Found it:

http://geekmom.com/2014/11/memo-to-dc-wonder-woman/

Yep it is them. They've been on the book since issue 13 after Charles Soule left.

 
At 4:58 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

I haven't been reading it Jimmy, so I didn't even know! Well!

Dang.

I sure do wish that they'd stop this Clark/Diana nonsense. I don't know anybody who actually likes it, although my experience is actually pretty limited to you guys.

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger Erin S. said...

I actually read a pretty well thought out essay recently why someone liked Superman/Wonder Woman. If I find it again I'll post it. They weren't saying it was better than the other relationships/love interests, just that they liked the potential that could be explored that stories in Elseworlds gave them glimpses of. While I am by no means a fan of the relationship I can respect the points the article raised.

Even so I haven't seen it translated well into the new 52.

 
At 5:26 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

It's the translation thingie! The new 52 really hasn't been a complete disaster, and they actually had some good books and some good ideas...but as you say, it is all in the translation, and I don't think that everyone was speaking the same language.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home