Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: The Storm Of The Century!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Monday, January 26, 2015

The Storm Of The Century!

Well, we are hunkering down here in little old New England, preparing for the latest mega mega mega storm to hit.  It is sure to be Snowmaggedon! 

Actually, it is supposed to be anywhere from 16" to 30", which granted, is a fair amount of snow all at once.  The most troublesome thing is that high winds are also forecast, which has me a whole lot more nervous than the snow.  What I don't really understand is all the hysteria. 

It's January.  It's New England. It has snowed before.  Odds are, it will snow again.  I know that there are some people out there who think snow shovels are disposable, but they actually can be used again.  We have actually had a pretty snowless winter so far, it's been bitterly cold, but not much in the way of the white stuff.  But I can remember a couple of winters ago, and the drifts were so high that the snow blower couldn't reach above them!  We were getting hit with a couple of storms a week...and oddly enough the world did not come to an end. 

But the Governor of Massachusetts has declared a travel ban at Midnight tonight...so I don't have to go to work tomorrow.  I wasn't going to go anyway because frankly, they don't pay me enough to hazard my car or my skin, but still...it's rather nice.  I AM worried about the delivery of the Comic Books on Tuesday, because I'm shallow and that's usually the first thing I think about.  It's the end of the month...a ton of stuff is coming out!  I might have to wait...a whole day!

Oh, the horror. 

If you are also being affected by this storm, stay inside, and drink hot chocolate and pray you don't lose power.

2 Comments:

At 7:32 PM, Blogger CalvinPitt said...

I guess the upside to banning everyone from driving is you don't have to worry about all the people that don't know how to handle frozen conditions.

We have a lot of those in Missouri, which is odd since we usually get at least 3 or 4 separate frozen precips each winter (not so much this year, but it's been in the 40s and 50s for over a week, so this is kind of a strange one).

 
At 4:35 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

A very good point. Unfortunately there are some people who think driving a four wheel vehicle somehow gives them magical powers, and that they can still cruise along at seventy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home