Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Who Is the Mysterious Collector?

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Monday, August 23, 2010

Who Is the Mysterious Collector?

Oh you know, the odd little figure that freed Hector Hammond, and seem to be having a fine old time collecting the various Color entities. The odd little person, has a green chain construct around one ankle, and is dressed in rags, but from what he or she has let fall, seems to have been around with the Guardians right from the beginning, and also seems to have an agenda of some sort.

I have a theory.

I think it's Sayd.

In the latest Green Lantern, that's not Sayd holding up Larfleeze's chair, ut an orange construct of her. When Hal asks where she is, Larfleeze looks shifty and says that she is otherwise occupied, or words to that effect.

The chain would also make a certain amount of sense, since she is indentured to Larfleeze, I can see her constructing the chain HERSELF, which also makes sense since it is a green construct. Just to remind her of her predicament, and possibly to provide some motivation.

I can also understand that Sayd is personally pretty peeved at the Guardians. First they kicked her and Ganthet out of Oa, but then she and Ganthet were holding hands on Odym and starting up the Blue Corps, and having a rather nice time of it, until the Guardians stabbed the two of them in the back by siccing Larfleeze on them in a monumentally treacherous move. And finally, she ends up being Larfleeze's virtual slave until who knows when. So yes, I can understand her being quite pissed.

What she may be planning to do with the various Entities, I have NO clue. Maybe she's just trying to depower the bunch of them. Maybe she's just looking for a bit of payback against the Guardians. I would say that she definitely has some plans for the Greed entity, if it will get Larfleeze off of her back...usually quite literally.

What do YOU think?

9 Comments:

At 1:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice theory. My guess: Appa Ali Apsa: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appa_Ali_Apsa

aka The Old-Timer-He's the "mad" Guardian responsible for Mosaic world, had traveled w/Green Arrow and GL to experience life and was killed by the returned Guardians after his isolation turned him insane. Later John Stewart hears his voice in his mind.

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

That's a very good theory!

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger LissBirds said...

Huh. I think you're onto something, Sally. I want to know Hammond's part in all this, too.

 
At 5:10 PM, Anonymous AE said...

Ooh!

She's collecting them for Larfleeze who, dare I say, wants them all for himself.

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

I do like the Sayd theory, and it does make sense. I must admit, though, that my money has been on Krona since the figure showed up -- especially since Krona has "ties" with Nekron.

Another possibility is the renegade Zamaron, Thwarcharchura, or one of her children, from Ganthet's Tale. Thwarcharchura was taken into custody by the Guardians and would have been imprisoned by them SOMEwhere.

Maybe Malvolio has finally returned! ;-)

 
At 4:40 AM, Blogger MetFanMac said...

Reasonable theory.

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Wow, Sea, those are some ideas that I never even contemplated.

It's funny you should mention Malvolio, because that's who I thought of, when they had the final page of the new Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors page...I'm not sure WHO that is...but still!

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Your Obedient Serpent said...

I'm liking the Sayd idea. It makes sense. who else besides the new and unwilling Guardian of Avarice would be behind the "Gotta Catch'em All" plot?

(Okay, yes, the other comments provide a wealth of possibilities, but I'm still thinkin' Sayd.)

 
At 4:00 PM, Anonymous Fernando said...

I agree with the first theory. Always suspected of that little smurf!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home