Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Holy Namedropping, Batman!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Monday, August 16, 2010

Holy Namedropping, Batman!

And, speaking of Catwoman...I think I may have mentioned at one point that my 21 year old son is working at the Goodspeed Opera House, in Connecticut. The sister theatre, which is the Norma Terris Theatre, is also running a play, starring none other than Orson Bean and Lee Merriweather.

Yes, THAT Lee Merriweather, who starred as Catwoman in the utterly terrible and yet utterly fabulous original Batman movie, back in the sixties. I've watched it numerous times, and I loooove it.

Anyhoo, the Goodspeed crew ended up having dinner with the Chester crew, and Frank and Miss Merriweather got to talking, and he mentioned that he (and I) were big comic fans, and man, the stories started flying. They ended up dancing and flirting outrageously. Frank says that both actors are charming beyond belief, and that she's STILL completely gorgeous. He's not too bad either, so I can understand her flirting.

*sigh*

My son has danced with Catwoman. My life is complete.

9 Comments:

At 2:54 PM, Blogger ShellyS said...

Wow, that is so cool.

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger googum said...

Lucky! My youngest son has been watching the heck out of the old Batman movie, which means I've seen it a ton lately. I'm jealous!

 
At 6:31 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

That's great! It's also great that Miss Merriweather is such a good sport about her Catwoman experience. :-)

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

I'm just all aflutter. Oh, and Nathan Lane just happened to stop by too.

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger MetFanMac said...

You mean you've already danced with Adam West? :-P

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Nah, Batman doesn't do it for me. I'd rather have danced with Frank Gorshin, but that's just me.

 
At 6:38 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Nathan Lane, too?!?!? WOW. I love Nathan Lane. I wish I'd gotten to see him and Matthew Broderick in The Producers on Broadway. Movies can only do so much. :-)

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger LissBirds said...

That. is. so. cool!!

And Nathan Lane, too? Wow, Connecticut is the place to be!!

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Connecticut is just so handy to Broadway...but a lot more scenic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home