Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Reviews!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Reviews!

Gadzooks, but this was a magnificent Wednesday...bookwise! So...many...books!

Ambush Bug: Year None, #7 of 6.

FINALLY! I was really looking forward to that hilarious Darwyn Cooke cover, but the new one is amusing as well. The rumors were that the sixth issue zinged Dan Dideo a bit too much. Considering how much THIS issue mocks the Editor-in-Chief, I can't even imagine how much the sixth one must have, in order to have been pulled. It's all ridiculous of course, but what the heck, I really do enjoy some mindless humor occasionally. Not all of the jokes worked, but enough of them did, to make me giggle uncontrollably for a while, and that's all I ask of a comic book.

Blackest Night #4.

Oh God, this was orgasmic.

Batwoman in Detective Comics.

Beautifully drawn as usual, and an unnusual twist to Kate's story. I won't say what, so as not to spoil it, but it's a nice comic bookish touch.

Gotham City Sirens #5.

I'm enjoying this in a mild way. The girls decide that enough is enough, and decide to take the battle to the Joker. There is a little surprise, that I honestly did not see coming, but it makes perfect sense.

Green Lantern #47.

This was just as orgasmic as Blackest Night. Well actually...maybe even more so. If you aren't reading this, you really really should be.

Incredible Hercules #137

Amadeus Cho continues his quest, and takes care of his foe rather neatly. TThere are no purple nurples, nor kicks to the groin, but it is still a lot of fun. And apparently, Aunt May is doing volunteer work in a soup kitchen with none other than Hebe, Hercules' estranged wife, and has SHE got a date for the girl!

Jack of Fables #39

Young Jack Frost continues his quest to be a hero, and is actually doing a pretty decent job of it. Better certainly than his no-good father, who is having his own problems, which include growing wings and a tail and green scales. Babe the little blue ox, just shines of course.

Justice Society of America #32

The plot continues to thicken. The bad guys attack the Brownstone, and I guess that John Stewart will be getting another commission to rebuild or redesign it soon. *sigh* Alan is keeping Mr. Terrific in stasis, just in case he decides to come back from the dead, Power Girl is having a conniption, and Mangog is being as obnoxious as usual.

Really, does ANYone like Mangog? I find him to be rude, overbearing and just a tad full of himself. And while I may enjoy that sort of behavior when Guy Gardner does it, when Mangog does it, I just want to slap him. Or have Peej slap him for me.

Superman: Secret Origin #2

I'm enjoying the heck out of this. I don't care if I already know this stuff, it is still loads of fun. The artwork is awfully pretty too. I DO love Gary Franks. The Legion shows up, and take Clark on a little trip to the future, and Lightning Lad shows unexpected adroitness in manipulating Brainiac, which I find appealing. Oh, and young Lex Luthor is Up To No Good.

Wonder Woman #37

Well, things are going to hell in a handbasket on Themyscira. Alkyone has apparently tied the know with Achilles, and she's taking over as Queen, which has to piss off the rest of the Amazons. Zeus really is a pill, isn't he? Ares shows up in a dream of Diana's and is suitably threatening. Diana and Donna fight, and Diana does something incredibly noble and unexpected. Good stuff.

I hope you all enjoyed the hell out of your books!

5 Comments:

At 2:11 PM, Blogger Fernando said...

I can´t decide wheter if Green Lantern was better than Blackest Night or viceversa.

It´s just too much to take. I already rode them twice!!

I am rather surprise with the little chat the gang had underneath Korugar though... Didn´t Siniestro folded back very easily?

Sorry for the crapy english

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

They are BOTH fabulous...and I'll be getting to my reviews of them shortly, since I always like to devote an entire posting to Green Laterns.

'Cause they deserve it.

And your English is a heck of a lot better than my Spanish would be.

 
At 6:42 AM, Anonymous wik said...

It was a great Blackest Night week... Barry's inspirational "WE are the Justice League!" speech and the issue overall were amazing. and then Hal and co simultaneously kicking ass and taking control of the situation as a team, plus Atrocitus being near unstoppable, the Blue Lanterns getting going again, and Larfleeze's amzing situation... admittedly, I was stunned at how easily Sinestro agreed, but he still did make it clear he did so only because he had to for the greater purpose- he'll still do his stuff his way, which makes sense, and still keeps him an awesome force

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger Fernando said...

Funiest thing ever, though? Larfleeze running around. I don´t know why, but I really find hilarious his hysterical sprint with his wacky long legs while craddling the battery in his arms.

I WANT... help?

I am enjoying Superman Secret Origins a lot. Young Supes is very funny.

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger Jake said...

Hm, thought I'd posted already. I liked Ambush Bug, but towards the end I got the feeling that the critique he was making of DC was really heartfelt, and that there was a lot of anger there.

I can understand it, as the kill-em-all attitude makes me uncomfortable sometimes, but the entire issue left me feeling awkward and angry at DC

 

Post a Comment

<< Home