Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Getting Back to the Important Things in Life

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Getting Back to the Important Things in Life

And those important things are COMICS, by God! I have established a tenuous internet access, and I am running with it for now.

So...did anyone read the Guy Gardner story in the Halloween Special 09 book that came out last Wednesday? I LOVE Holiday short stories for some odd reason, and I never fail to pick up the Christmas one, but I don't really remember any for Halloween, and I enjoyed it thoroughly. Some of them were silly, some of them were...ok, and some of them were actually a little scary. I have to admit that the race between the Flash and Superman was one of my favorites.

But my absolute favorite was of course...Halloween...the Guy Way. It had Mark Bagley on the art, which was a treat. He gave Guy his regular hair, NOT the old bowl cut, which is a trap that unfamiliar artists usually fall in to. The writer was Adam Schlagman, with whom I am not familiar, and he did a pretty decent job. Tora of course was WILDLY out of character, but I found I didn't even care, at least initially...because it all read mostly like a fun fan-fic, and what the hell.

Of COURSE, Guy would try and have a Halloween party on Oa. I thought he did a good job with Salaak's reaction, Hal's and John's in particular. They misspelled Fire's name (it's Beatriz, not Beatrice) but I can overlook that. Tora was fun, if a bit...forward. I think she was channeling her inner Bea there for a bit, but at least she and Guy ended up having an interesting evening. I also found it interesting that ALL of the Lanterns saw nothing wrong with mocking the Guardians. This is what comes of making stupid rules!

7 Comments:

At 9:55 AM, Blogger Patrick C said...

Adam Schlagman is the editor on Green Lantern Corps. I'm not sure if he's written anything before, this is the first story I read by him. The Guy story was very fun, and Tora may have been a little out of character but what the hell, it's Halloween! She can let her hair down every once in awhile.

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

She certainly did. And frankly, I'm just so happy to see them together and not dead or maimed or anything, that I'll take just about anything.

Oh, and Arisia was cute as a witch.

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Oh, and it just dawned on me, that Isamot dressed up as a Hawkman, which is so darned appropriate, that I can hardly contain myself.

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger CalvinPitt said...

I saw some scans of that issue, and I was a bit surprised at Ice as well. All I know is that next time Guy visits, he better bring her real flowers (how long would ring construct flowers last, anyway?)

Oh, and she said Kyle designed it for her, didn't she? Interesting. Maybe he has something similar for Soranik (though hopefully NOT for Zombie Jade).

 
At 2:17 AM, Anonymous Dorne said...

Pretty enterteining issue with good flashbacks of GG past, but a little bit too stereotipycal in a lot of ways.

Loved the bit with Damian. God I love the new Robin.

By the way, nice test to figure what corps you should be in. http://quizilla.teennick.com/quizzes/6281401/which-lantern-do-you-deserve

 
At 3:20 AM, Blogger The One True GL said...

I don't know why, but I thought of you when I wrote my last post...Yes, now I remember..I need your casting approval!

 
At 6:21 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

I missed that Halloween special. I must pick it up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home