Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Uhhmmm....

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Uhhmmm....

That's the state of mind that I am in currently. Staring hopelessly at the computer monitor, without a single thought in my head. Meanwhile the siren call of blue sky, crocuses and actual slightly warmer weather lurks outside my window.

On the other hand, tomorrow is Wednesday, and that's always a good thing. Furthermore, this looks as though it is going to be an awfully GOOD Wednesday. Booster Gold, Green Lantern Corps, and Wonder Woman, just to name a few. I am slightly depressed to learn that Geoff Johns is going to be leaving Booster Gold in a little while, and I don't know who is going to take up the reins in his absence. Personal preference would be for Gail Simone, because, quite frankly, I think that she could have a HELL of a good time playing with Booster and his amazing friends. Besides, she went from writing a whole passel of books, to just writing one, and I think that she has the time.

And because, as usual, it is all about what I want.

Caleb, over at "Every Day is like Wednesday" mentioned MILLENIUM the other day, and I blush to confess that I have never read it. Is it collected, or do I have to track down a lot of individual issues? I'll do it of course, but it would be nice to have all the hard work done FOR me. Besides, it has a lot of Green Lanterns in it apparently, including John and Katma, and that always makes me happy.

Speaking of John...has he been formally introduced to Soranik Natu yet? They were working together helping Guy in the Sinestro Corp War when he was infected with Despotillis, but I think that is the only time that I can remember seeing the two of them together. Would John be interested in Soranik, or would she remind him too much of Katma? Would Soranik have the slightest bit of interest in John? I'm not sure that I necessarily want to pair Soranik off with someone, because I think that she works quite well being married to her work, so to speak, but I imagine that poor John is awfully lonely. I rather wish that Geoff would remember that Katma was supposed to have been resurrected at the end of MOSAIC and work her in somehow.

Do you know who I am enjoying of late? Salakk. Or Salaak. I'm not quite sure of the correct way to spell his name lately. But darn it, he's a good character. I enjoy his eternal snarkiness, and the depth and breadth of his melancholy. Plus, he's hilarious when he interacts with Guy.

DO they get cable on Oa?

Are there guest rooms, or a barracks or hotels or what do they have for temporary accommodations on Oa, anyway? There have to be lots of occasions when Green Lanterns come flying in from their respective sectors, and need to stay for a while. Where do they sleep? What are the bathrooms like? I have an incredibly trivial mind sometimes, and these are the sort of things that bother me when I wake up at 3:40 A.M. or so, and can't get back to sleep.

Does Kilowog have to send for donuts all the way back to earth, or have they finally gone and opened a Krispy Kreme on Oa? Not to mention a Starbucks. Gotta keep Kyle happy, you know.

And finally...

Hal Pictures

Because we ALL win when Hal manages to get hit on the head. Again.

5 Comments:

At 10:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And does Oa have contract employees, or is everybody there a GL or a Guardian?

Do they make rookie GLs mop the kitchen, clean the toilets, etc.? Or perhaps all these menial tasks are easily-dealt-with trivia for a bunch of people with power rings?

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger Nick said...

Wow, imagine serving out donuts at THAT Krispy Kreme.

Red Haired Server, voice crackling: What would you like Honor Guard Gardner? Kilowog already took all the bear claws and Lantern Rayner took all the coffee but I think we have some powered donuts in the back.

....man....Giffen should write that as a series, maybe call it "The Blue Diner" TO THE FORUMS!!!!

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger Nick said...

powered donuts....not to be confused with powdered donuts...

 
At 6:34 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Aha! I'm not the only one who wonders about these things!

There HAVE to be some sort of service people I would think. Maybe they hire the families of the resident Lanterns? Or they ship them in from other planets like a student exchange program? Get your college credits, by cleaning toilets on Oa!

 
At 6:36 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

I think that Guy would like the frosted donuts. With sprinkles. John would just have plain ones, or if he was feeling a bit frivolous, plain glazed. I can see Kyle loving powdered donuts and then getting the sugar all over his uniform. Would Hal like the jelly-filled ones?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home