Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Busy, Busy, Busy

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy

Wow...is it me, or did the month of March just fly by? The official parade season is just about upon us, with the St. Patrick's Day parade in Holyoke, Massachussettes stepping off tomorrow. And of course, the Fife & Drum corps will be marching in it. Which means I have to try and figure out where all the tricornes and gaiters are, and sprucing up the MDU (Mobile Drinking Unit)

So...did I mention how good Blue Beetle #25 was? Just thought I'd pass that along. All-Star Superman was pretty darned fabulous as well. I really do love Frank Quitely. In fact, most of my books this week were good, although I somehow managed to fail to pick up Damage Control #3, which has me slightly confused. Guess I'll find it on Wednesday.

Diamond Rock over at Title Undetermined, has finally discovered that Guy Gardner is awesome. Sooner or later, EVERYONE discovers this. It's all a part of our secret plan. Heh heh.

I'm actually starting to look forward to Final Crises. I also find that I don't give a good goddamn about that whole Skrull business. There was a time when I would have cared, but I just can't seem to summon up any enthusiasm. Good job there, Marvel!

So...yesturday, there was a huge crash on Rt 91 in Chicopee, Mass, wherein a Subaru was entering traffic, stalled, and then managed to start a nasty pileup, including sending a full gasoline tanker off the road, which resulted in a huge fireball, and the complete closing of the highway. My son was three cars behind the accident. My heart has finally resumed its normal beating.

Guess that's all the excitement for now. Go read Blue Beetle again!

4 Comments:

At 5:36 PM, Blogger FoldedSoup said...

I know you're a Mom and all, but if your son's anything like me ... three cars behind a made-for-action-movie exploding car fireball...

COOL!!

(Glad he's alright, of course)

Oh, and how does one get an actual membership to the MDU? Good benefits? Punch card?

 
At 6:59 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Can you play a snare drum? Drink copious amounts of beer? Cheer for Firetrucks?

You too, can join in the MDU!

Oh, and you have to wear a funny hat.

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger nicodemus88 said...

Happy to hear nothing bad happened to your son

Well yes you may have allude to the fact that BB 25 was not bad (jaime is character of the week on wizard, i have falled on this :
http://www.wizarduniverse.com/032808cowbluebeetle.html)

I am crazy about Quitely, have been since The authority (my best of all his works : WE3) what amazed me is how he is becoming more and more gifted in his storytelling choices, the page alone with the suicide girl is wonderfull...

And thanks for Damage control, it made me very happy (adamantium razors !) a pity it's already ended.

Can I join too, haven't got a funny hat but I have a funny head ^^

++

 
At 7:28 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

As long as you like parades, anyone can join the MDU. Oh, and beer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home