Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Feeling Crabby

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Feeling Crabby

I am not in a particularly good mood, so I am looking to my Comics to save me.  Still feeling blue about losing Adventures of Superman, although I whined about that in my last post.  However, I am not at all adverse to flogging a dead horse. 

Just had to go and mail an important package at the Post Office, and had to wait fifteen minutes while they all had a two-hour lunch.  Then the envelope that I picked was an Express, not a Priority, or possibly the other way around, and all in all, it took me 45 minutes to mail something.  On the other hand, the daffodils are coming up and it isn't snowing at the moment, which I suppose counts for something.

Now I've heard that there is a new weekly book coming out from DC, that will take place in a horrible distopian near-future.  Why are all futures so horrible?  Remember the Legion?  I can't stand those snotty Teenagers, but if I remember correctly, things were actually supposed to be pretty good in the future.  At leasst they had time to stage fake try-outs in order to humiliate the less-cool kids, and you usually can't do that sort of thing when you are scrounging for your next meal.

But I digress. 

I like Weekly Comics.  I loved loved Loved, the original 52, with none other than Booster Gold of all people, saving the entire Universe.  And Ralph Dibny being sexy.  I even read Countdown, which was a lot less interesting, but nevertheless, had its moments.  But this new one sounds...pretty horrible.  I don't really want to see Superman and Wonder Woman and Batman and others made into creepy robot thingies.  So I think that I'll just ignore it this time, and hope that it doesn't show up in the regular books. 

What I'd really like, is for Barry to wake up and realize that the entire thing was a dream.  I'd go for that!

10 Comments:

At 12:38 PM, Blogger James Ashelford said...

You're not the only one who wants Barry to go full-on JR Ewing (so long as we grandfather the new Wonder Woman into the restored continuity).

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

I'd also like Max Lord, Ted Kord and the Dibnys just walk in and casually mention that they've been on Kooey Kooey Kooey for a couple of years, and how are things?

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger Erin S. said...

It always sucks when one of your favorite series gets cancelled. Just as bad as getting a writer/artist you dislike doing things you hate with your favorite characters.

When I first heard about this future thing I thought "oh cool! I bet their be able to show stuff that DC is currently against like marriages and kids!" Then DC gives us the third or fourth rehash of the Omac project with a even more depressing setting.

Only if we get to keep the things that worked. I certainly liked a few things.

 
At 7:52 PM, Anonymous Pete said...

This is actually my prime problem with the current state of the DCU. The New 52 has brought back the grim and gritty in a BIG way, and it's become such a linewide style guide that they're not letting the books succeed in their own ways.

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Grim and gritty it is.

Grim and gritty is...boring.

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger Jeff McGinley said...

Get yourself some Spider-girl. Happy future, positive female role models.

And it's FUN.

The second comic from my collection I gave my daughter (after Superman/Bugs Bunny, cause that was more FUN.)

 
At 5:43 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Fun is indeed a good thing. Which is why I am so happy that they are bringing back the Tiny Titans. If only they hadn't cancelled L'il Gotham!

They giveth...and they taketh away.

 
At 3:13 PM, Anonymous Randy Jackson said...

Yes, DC isn't going anywhere I want it to, and after dropping Adventures Of Superman I'm even less interested in what they're putting out.

BTW, if you weren't aware of it already, you might want to check out JL8. It's an imagining of what the DC universe might be like if the heroes were all in third grade. I think you might particularly like this:

http://jl8comic.tumblr.com/image/83737042447

 
At 5:24 AM, Blogger Saranga said...

Is Adventures being cancelled?? Noooo!

 
At 5:35 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Sadly, Saranga, that is the word. I'm so depressed.

And Randy, I DO read JL8...and it is a hoot. And adorable!

Also, Googum over at Random Happenstance does things with action figures that will make you weep with joy. Also, he does better plots than Marvel or DC!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home