Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Justice League International

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Monday, April 14, 2014

Justice League International

I make no bones about missing the old JLI something fierce.  That was MY Justice League, and as a matter of fact, it was that very book that first began to lure me away from the strictly Marvel side of the comic book aisle.

It was...fun.

I miss fun too. 

But one of the reasons that I loved it so much, was that it starred all those magnificently wonderful second and third string characters.  I could always read about Superman or Wonder Woman or Batman in their own books, but where else could I find Martian Manhunter, or Fire and Ice, or Blue Beetle?  In the JLI, that's where! 

They had wacky adventures of course, but they also had some serious heavyweights to go up against.  Despero was no walk in the park, and neither was Queen Bee.  But one of the things that I enjoyed the most, was the down time, the little moments when they weren't fighting the Crime Of The Century, but just hanging around their headquarters, and letting their hair down.  There isn't nearly enough of that anymore, which is actually one of the reasons that I think that Hawkeye, and She-Hulk and Young Avengers were so appealing to me. 

So anyway...
guy and wally photo guyandwallydiscussbeindsecond.jpg

Just J'onn, Guy and Wally being awesome.  Because they're like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home