Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Reviews

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Thursday, November 05, 2009

Reviews

Well, it was a pretty small week, but I can't complain too much, there were some pretty good books out.

Firstly, we have the new miniseries...or is it an ongoing? Cinderella: From Fabletown with Love, by Chris Roberson and drawn by Shawn McManus. I've loved the idea of Cinderella as a superspy, so I'm quite pleased with this so far. The story is interesting, and the art is nice. I'll be glad to continue seeing how this unfolds.

Doom Patrol #4. Things are actually picking up a bit, or else I'm beginning to get more invested in the characters, because this has been my favorite issue yet. Nice to see that Niles Caulder shows up oranged to the Black Lanterns, with his greed unchecked. Greed is an emotion that I haven't seen yet, although all of the other colors have shown up. The back-up feature with the Metal Men, was a hoot as usual.

Jonah Hex #49, was the conclusion to the Six-Gun War story. On the one hand, there was some excitement, with Jonah and his allies showing up and inciting a revolt by the slaves in the mine against Turnbull and his cohorts. On the other hand, Turnbull gets away, and it all ends a little flat...at least for me. I really thought the old goat was going to get it this time, which may have been naivete' on my part.

Secret Six #15, was a bit of a change from the usual, with the illustrious Mr. Ostrander taking over for the writing chores, in a tale about Floyd Lawton, aka Deadshot.

Frankly, I loved it. Deadshot's been feeling a bit skittish lately, he's been having homicidal urges, and he retains enough human emotions to feel that perhaps he should do something about it before he snaps completely. Enter a former friend and confidant from the old days, and a bit of a history lesson, not to mention casting some interesting light on Floyd's relationship with the Bat. Good Stuff. DARNED good stuff.

I also picked up the J'onn J'onnz, Martian Manhunter action figure, that is part of the old Justice League International release. I'm trying to recreate Giffen, DeMatteis and Maguire's League, and I'm almost there. I've got Guy of course, Ice, Fire, Booster, Blue Beetle, and now J'onn. It took me a little while to notice it, after I removed him from his plastic clamshell prison, but in his left hand, he is holding a...Choco.

It's so adorable, I can hardly stand it.

4 Comments:

At 4:20 AM, Blogger Fernando said...

Secret Six was fine, they wvoid being cheesie about Deadshot and that´s hard to find in a comic.

Superman World of new kripton is quickly loosing its fresh style and getting too slow.

I will be giving this Great Ten title a shot, because I love super hero teams.

Not a bad week.

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

All of these new Fables series are a pain in the pocketbook!

Good though. :-)

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Cinderella...World's Greatest Spy! What a concept...and Willingham somehow makes it WORK!

Secret Six/Deadshot WAS good!

I also forgot to mention, that since I picked up Doom Patrol, I got a nice shiny yellow Sinestro Corps ring! It will go so nicely with my Green and Black ones. I'm hoping to pick them ALL up!

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger LissBirds said...

It took me a little while to notice it, after I removed him from his plastic clamshell prison, but in his left hand, he is holding a...Choco.

Ahh!! WANT!!

How's J'onn look in real life? In the solicit photos, the figure didn't look too good, and that's why I held off buying it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home