Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Tiny Reviews, for a Tiny Week

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Thursday, September 03, 2009

Tiny Reviews, for a Tiny Week

That...was a very small week for me. Oh I went to the store of course, but it really was hardly even worth it, except that it's WEDNESDAY, and I am nothing if not a creature of habit.

I did pick up all of Three Books, not counting Wednesday Comics. I also picked up last weeks copy of Wednesday Comics, because I forgot to, the previous week.

Final Crisis: Run!...This has been nothing short of hilarious, at least I think so. It is so dumb, and so outrageous, and I love it. I perfectly understand poor Firestorm's reaction to how they keep getting trounced by this idiot, and John Stewart points out that it's BECAUSE he's an amateur...he does things that no sane criminal would do, and no superhero would expect. Although the remarks he made about the smell of roasted Martian may come back to bite him in the butt.

Jonah Hex #47...The game of wits against Turnbull continues, as Jonah, Bat Lash and Tallula shoot a lot of people and banter along with way. Good violent fun.

Justice League: Cry for Justice #3...I don't care what anybody on the message boards say...I think that this is a hoot. It's so bad that it's good. I do have to say that the art is awfully pretty, although the artist does seem to have a thing for showing Supergirl's breasts...a lot. Ray Palmer is completely out of character, Freddy is a horny teenager, and Ollie and Hal are simply idiots. Mikaal and Bill seem to be having a good time beating up random baddies. Prometheus is not a nice man.

The best part of course, is that the Shade shows up. And Bobo Benetti! And Charity O'Dare! Woohoo! I haven't seen the Shade in ages. I really really hope that he continues to show up.

This mini is completely ridiculous and over the top, and the dialogue will make you cringe, and yet...and yet...it makes me smile.

Wednesday comics were large and loud and wonderful as usual. I'm going to give the Metamorpho pages of the Periodic Tables to my budding Biology Teacher of an oldest daughter. Now THAT'S the way to learn chemistry! Batman is fun, Kamandi is so gorgeous that I almost swoon, even Superman seems to be getting his act together. Hal and Dill are in a bit of a pickle...Aliens! Adam Strange gets his act together, and Doctor Mid-Nite's owl has an unfortunate run-in with Krypto and Streaky. Metal Men is still fun, and Sgt. Rock is finally getting off his ass and attempting to beat up Nazis, while Barry and Iris are having one HECK of an evening. Catwoman and Jason Blood are on the date from hell, while Hawkman is on the phone trying to rustle up some help against a tyrannosaurus, and getting the runaround from Batman. So...Much...Goodness!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home