Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Why Yes, I'll Jump onto the Bandwagon!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Monday, August 31, 2009

Why Yes, I'll Jump onto the Bandwagon!

So. Disney is going to buy Marvel for a large sum of money. I find myself rather bemused by this information. It is similar, I suppose to when Time Warner bought DC. For the most part, it seems as though they have left the comic book division more or less to itself, and I wonder if Marvel can expect the same treatment from Disney?

My second thought, was what about Universal, and that nice little theme park, that they have down in Florida? Haven't a clue, as to what it going to be going on there.

Then of course, I had to go and read through some people's comments. So far, I think that Bully over at http://www.bullyscomics.blogspot.com is the funniest. I don't really know WHAT to think! I suppose that it gives Marvel some financial security, while giving Disney a product that will appeal to boys. Maybe it will encourage them to tone down all the rape and murder and stuff a bit. It would be nice to be able to read about HEROES for a change, I'm finding the All Villains...All The Time stories to be a bit tedious.

I suppose that there won't be more of those tawdry little statues,when Mary Jane will probably wind up looking like Ariel. We can match the Disney Princess to the Marvel character! Wouldn't that be fun?

Anyhoo. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens. But it should definitely be...interesting.

4 Comments:

At 4:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL I loved what you had to say! Especially about toning down the rape and murder down. What's funny I read the exact conclusion but without the sentiment; "NOOOOO they'll make Marvel PG!!!!"

 
At 12:31 AM, Blogger James Ashelford said...

Probably the best joke to come out of this so far I read on Comicbookresources:

Hannah Montana: Herald of Galactus.

Otherwise, eh. Probably will be like Warner's ownership of DC, Disney are big but they aren't stupid, Marvel's well in profit. The toning down isn't certain, though, as point out on Pretty Fizzy Paradise, Kill Bill was made by a Disney subsidiary.

 
At 1:09 AM, Blogger MetFanMac said...

Too bizarre. Still, DC's been owned by WB since 1969 and they haven't ruined it yet...

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Ok, Hannah Montana, Herald of Galactus just cracks me up.

Sea of Green ALSO has a fabulous cartoon on her blog, over at the Hoosier Journal of Inanity that is quite amusing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home