Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: The Usual Wednesday Reviews

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Usual Wednesday Reviews

Yet another wonderful Wednesday, and some amazing books came out. Matt, the proprietor of my beloved local Comics Book Shoppe has been doing a bit of remodelling, and the store looks all nice and shiny and twice as big, since he moved things around.

But enough talk of decor, let's get to the nitty-gritty.

Blackest Night #1. Oh yes. Oh yes, I got it and also Blackest Night: Tales of the Corps. AND I got one of those cool black rings with Black Hand's symbol on them, and in fact,am wearing it as I type these words. I feel SO special. Hell, I might even wear it to work tomorrow. More on this later as usual.

The Brave & the Bold #25. Well dagnabit this was rather cute, with Blue Beetle teamed up (reluctantly) with Hardware. I don't mean that Jaime was reluctant, heck, he seemed to be a bit overenthusiastic if anything, but it was a pleasant enough romp.

Final Crisis: Escape. I'll be blunt and say that I still haven't the foggiest idea of exactly what is going on here, and in that, I suppose I am in good company, since poor Nemesis doesn't seem to have any idea either. Still, I enjoyed it, and it was fun to see Amanda Waller and Fire.

Fables #86 was spooky and certainly a bit different from what has been going on lately. The artwork was quite nice, and a good story as usual.

JSA vx Kobra #2. Well! The Justice Society certainly has their work cut out for them, this is a major level threat, and I'm quite anxious already, which is, I suppose, the way that I am supposed to feel. Very nice. I sure wish that Sandy would show up once in a while though.

Streets of Gotham #2. I'm not that big of a Bat fan, but I liked this. I have to say that that last move of Hush's caught me quite by surprise, and Dick, Damian and Alfred too, by the looks of it.

The Manhunter story was also very good and creepy, I think I like her new assistant.

Wednesday Comics continues to enthrall and delight me. So...much...pretty...art!

I hope that everyone else also enjoyed their comics!

12 Comments:

At 6:11 PM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

I got my ring, too! :-) Right now, though, I'm having a hard time getting it away from Mr. Sea.

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

It's rather on the cool side, isn't it? I'm glad you got one too!

 
At 1:01 AM, Blogger Fernando said...

I am waiting for my ring from spain (well actually I am in britain now, but my ring is coming to spain, where I should fetch it, and... well, whatever, log history xDDD)

Anyway, aren;t they taking final crisis to far? It was over some time ago, wasn't it?

Also, remember that page of GL that you posted some days ago, about blackhand? why does he said that conner escaped death? he still death alright, doesnt he? Good grief I really want him coming back, not only as a black ring wielder (wich is cool, but got this fake feeling)...

 
At 3:59 AM, Anonymous wik said...

Conner came back along with Bart in Legion of 3 worlds. technically, that was (will be?) the future, but at the end (to come out soon), they should all get sent back in time to the, ummm, present... He'll star in Adventure Comics from next month.
Btw, anyone else notice the part in BN#1 about Guy and Ice having a happy ending? I thought they were still in the It's Complicated phase... not that I mind if Hal is right. It'd be great to have them back for real :)

 
At 6:36 AM, Blogger googum said...

Yeah, I'm still waiting for anything to become clear in Escape. That's not a negative, necessarily, but still.

 
At 11:00 AM, Anonymous wik said...

nothing to do with this post, but I thought I'd put this up for those looking to see which former lanterns presumably got black rings: Oa's book of the dead, as seen on DC's new GL site.
http://www.dccomics.com/sites/greenlantern/?action=dead
Obviously, the overall GL and Blackest Night site is http://www.dccomics.com/sites/greenlantern/
Assuming all those listed on this site got the black rings, we should finally get a look at Fentara and some others who have been discussed often but barely involved in past adventures. who knows, perhaps Fentara'll turn up to confront Arisia in the next Corps issue or so.

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger Frank Gillespie said...

I’d pay good money for ANYONE to tell me what the heck is going on in FC Escape! I’m a pretty well read guy and I’m at a total loss after reading them twice. I don’t think a third time around will help so I’m dropping the book.

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who is feeling a bit lost while reading "Escape". I keep hoping that it will make sense sooner or later. Maybe that's the way we are SUPPOSED to feel, in which case...mission accomplished!

Wik...as for what Green Lanterns get Black Rings? Basically everyone who's died!

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger Your Obedient Serpent said...

I snagged my Black Lantern Ring at work on Tuesday night, and wore it for the an hour or so -- until, during a slow moment, I had a chance to read Blackest Night #1.

The damned thing creeped me out too much after that, so into the pocket it went.

 
At 3:33 PM, Anonymous wik said...

"Wik...as for what Green Lanterns get Black Rings? Basically everyone who's died!"
Pretty much, but I wasn't sure until now which ones had remains interred in the GL Crypts to get the rings. Obv the book of the dead has more, since Abin Sur is mentioned despite having his own spot on his home planet (unless it was just a memorial with the body in the GL crypts).
That said, I'm a bit surprised KT21 isn't on the list, having died somewhat more recently than most and still being fresh in the memory for at least a few of them.

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger Duskdog said...

Sally: Did you get Tales of the Corps #1?

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Duskdog, yes I did, and it was very very nice.

I think that Mongul should have been spanked more as a child.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home