Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: NOT A Green Lantern

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Monday, July 13, 2009

NOT A Green Lantern

Oh blah. Monday, and I haven't a single thought in my head. Just once I'm going to post something that has nothing...NOTHING to do with Green Lanterns.

Fire

This is a nice picture of Beatriz Da Costa, better known as Fire. She WAS in the old JLI with Guy of course, and she's Tora Olafsdottir's best friend (aka Ice) and she does have a green butt, so perhaps I'm not straying too far away from my original concept as much as I thought.

Anyway...I like Fire. I think that she's being criminally underused lately. On the other hand,sometimes that's not such a bad thing, as writers have a nasty tendancy to eye a second-tier character and wonder what they can DO with that character, which leads to...unpleasantness. Bea has had a hard enough time of it lately over in Checkmate,where they've made her a spy and assassin, and given her an old meanie for a father and...and stuff. Not to mention losing Tora, then that whole weirdness with Ice Maiden, and the hook-up and break-up with Guy...she's had a tumultuous time of it.

On the bright side, Tora is back and Booster is back, although sadly, Ralph and Sue are not back. Maybe she and Guy can actually learn to get along with each other, at least for Tora's sake this time around. I STILL haven't seen any writers address the whole relationship between them which is something of a shame. Duskdog has written a charming little story about it, which I suppose will just have to suffice.

Gee, I guess I DID have a bit more to talk about than I thought. I wonder if Bea is going to have any role in the upcoming Blackest Night story? They've already mentioned Tora, so I imagine there is a possibility. I just hope that they all make it out alive and whole, or I'll be QUITE miffed. I'm getting tired of my favorite characters becoming worm food.

7 Comments:

At 2:55 PM, Blogger James Ashelford said...

Okay, so, are we sure she's nothing to do with a Green Lantern? I ask because her power is green fire and she used to be called The Green Flame and the source of Alan Scott's power is the Green Flame (I think, don't know much about Alan).

Is there a connection or is it just randon?

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Nah, she really doesn't have anything to do with the Lanterns, other than being a former teammate/ex-girlfriend.

Although, come to think of it, I can't really think of when they did much to explain Bea's powers. When she and Ice were with the Global Guardians, she could breathe a little green flame, but really didn't do a whole lot. It was after Invasion! that her powers really grew, so apparently she had that metagene all the time. Remember when she kept setting the sprinklers off in the JLI headquarters, because she couldn't control her new powers?

 
At 12:01 AM, Blogger MetFanMac said...

How about commenting on Ryan Reynolds's (aka Deadpool) casting as Hal Jordan in the upcoming GL movie?

 
At 12:45 AM, Blogger James Ashelford said...

Cheers, Sally, that one was bugging me for a while. I just thought because, you know, Alan's one of those characters who tends to find heretofore unexpected biological children cluttering up the place.

 
At 1:19 AM, Blogger Duskdog said...

Now that Checkmate has gone the way of half the other books that I read, I wonder what Bea is up to? Still spying behind the scenes, I suppose.

I still want to know what she and Tora have been talking about starting. Or whether Tora and Guy have spoken civilly to one another since the terrible ending to their date.

Damn it, DC. Don't tease me and then never follow through!

 
At 5:47 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

I think the whole Bea-and-Guy thing is one of those things DC is trying to pretend never happened. Kind of like Power Girl's pregnancy.

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

But I hate it when they leave all these unresolved emotional issues lying around...just WAITING to be picked up and made stories out of.

I don't really see why Guy and Fire dating would be something that they would want to ignore, it makes for some interesting character development. And yes, I'm dying to know what Fire and Ice are up to.

Poor Bea just never seems to be used much lately, and it's a shame.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home