Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Er...Uhmmm...

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Er...Uhmmm...

If that's not the single greatest title I've ever come up with, then I don't know what is. What it does of course, is present my frame of mind...which is completely and totally blank. I'm tired, cranky, and the new books don't come out until tomorrow. I'm physically exhausted and emotionally bankrupt.

What, oh what could possibly stir me out of my doldrums?

Why, merely the contemplation of one of the greatest of all Green Lanterns, and possibly one of those who is going to be turning up in the near future, due to Blackest Night, which incidentally, debuts this coming Wednesday.

I speak of course, of...


Green Lanterns

The Immortal Ch'p.

Oh Ch'p you left us too soon. Squashed in the road by a yellow truck in Mosaic. Or was it a school bus? Whatever it was, I'm much too lazy to run upstairs and go poking through my boxes for my run of Mosaic, but I do remember it being a large vehicle of some kind. A mundane and sorry end for such a gallant member of the Green Lantern Corps,and yet, possibly, for a Squirrel anyway, a poetic one, a death that many ANOTHER Squirrel has suffered. Perhaps, Ch'p really died for ALL the Squirrels.

Truly, he was a buck-toothed hero in my book.

8 Comments:

At 5:30 PM, Blogger notintheface said...

I remember Ch'p's final poem in progress:

"My ring will protect me from this truck.

No, WAIT! It's YELLOW! What the F__....?" VROOOOM!!

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Alas, poor Ch'p, a squirrel of infinite jest.

Heh heh.

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Moriarty said...

Leave it to Cully Hamner to make even a squirrel look kinda badass. I so miss Ch'p! I'm really hoping to see him and Katma show up in Blackest Night (I'm betting on Katma but not necessarily holding my breath for Ch'p).

But really... who doesn't want to see a knock-down, drag-out Ch'p vs. Rage Kitty brawl? Johns could devote an entire issue to that and I'd be all over it!

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger Duskdog said...

Well, both Katma and Ch'p appear on one of the upcoming covers to GLC... next month's issue, IIRC? Of course, the covers don't always tell us what's inside the comic, but at least we know we get one good shot of zombie squirrel!

Looks like we'll also finally see the mysterious Fentara, former GL of Sector 2815, and father of Arisia. He's been referred to several times, but never actually shown until now.

Zombies for all!

 
At 1:34 AM, Blogger Fernando said...

I am really looking foward to see Ch´p coming back and star tormenting Stewart again, or taking him to self-discover trips.

 
At 3:13 AM, Blogger Mikey said...

ooh! --> http://uk.media.comics.ign.com/media/741/741490/img_6922015.html

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

I'm wondering if they will bring back Ch'p in order to torment Salaak, who let's face it, has been pretty lonely without his best bud.

 
At 10:51 PM, Blogger Th. said...

.

Tractor-trailer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home