Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Huzzah!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Friday, March 21, 2008

Huzzah!

The Dibny's are back! Well...sort of. Those odd appearances in the Outsiders were TRUE! They are still dead of course, but have somehow gained the ability to use other's bodies and do...cool stuff! And they talked to Alfred, and to Batman, and even to Ollie.

It's not QUITE the same of course. I doubt that Ralph can still do his nose-wriggling thing, which I always thought was so CUTE...but what the heck. I'll take what I can get. Now, if Ted can just manage to stay alive, and Ice is back amongst the living, and Ralph and Sue are back in a strange sort of way, all we need is Scott and Barda! And Dmitri, and Max. Maxima can stay dead on the other hand.

The JLI LIVES!

Sort of.

JLI

Can I tell you how much I am looking forward to this? I don't even have to READ it, I'd be almost as happy to just look at the cover.

7 Comments:

At 11:46 AM, Blogger nicodemus88 said...

No... somebody finally use the Dibny after 52 !!! yahouha ! it was time...

Well you sure must be very happy... !

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger ShellyS said...

Cool. Glad to hear about Ralph and Sue. I'm not reading Batman and the Outsiders, but it's nice to know they're doing some cool stuff there.

 
At 12:59 AM, Blogger Brian Smith said...

Just throwin' this out there -- I really like Maxima. I fully concede, however, that my fondness for the character is based entirely on a years-ago teenage fascination with the red hair and the belly-baring costume.

Still, if we could get the "imperious princess trying to learn to be a hero" back, and not the woman who was just chasing after Earth's various strong guys, I'd be thrilled to see her return.

 
At 5:16 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Brian, I'm sorry if I was hard on Maxima, but man, she just drove me NUTS! Always trying to mate with people, and flying off the handle, but never really accomplishing too much. But she WAS pretty. Not as pretty as Booster, but very few people are.

Shelly, I'm not actually reading the Outsiders either, but I DID see the scans, so I may have to pick it up, if only for the Dibnys.

Nico, I'm so happy I could plotz.

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger Stephen said...

that cover is enough but wouldn't it be interesting if someone would draw the jli confronting every major comics event. jli versus hitler, jli versus crazy day of vengeance spectre, jli vs the reach, jli, versus smart solomon grundy, jli versus gog...i think we may be onto something.

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger Brian Smith said...

You weren't hard on Maxima at all -- an earlier version of my comment ended on a line like "But I don't think most writers can be trusted not to play up the whole 'I want babies!' angle, so I'm OK if she stays dead." I previewed that but decided against posting it; it undercut my "She wasn't ALL bad" thesis by pointing out that, you know, she was generally pretty grating and one-dimensional. :)

I should also add that I never read "Extreme Justice" or whatever it was in which she went after Captain Atom and Amazing Man, so my mental image of the character is based solely on her early "Action Comics" appearances and her first go-round with the Justice League.

So, yeah, no worries! I just felt like saying something nice about Maxima. I'm weird like that.

 
At 1:53 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Stephen, you may be on to something!

Brian, stay as far away as possible from Extreme Justice! For reasons that I cannot actually explain, I actually HAVE several copies, and my GOD is it horrible. Captain Atom runs around bloviating, and the art makes me want to tear our my eyeballs, in that overblown hideous 90's sort of way. The REAL horror, is that it has both Blue Beetle and Booster Gold...being EXTREME!

Gaaahhhh!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home