Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: On Time Reviews!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Thursday, December 15, 2016

On Time Reviews!

Hey, I am actually posting on a Thursday about the books that I bought on Wednesday!  Oh, I am on Fire!

The Flash #12

Well, we wrap up the story with the Shade, which was okay.  It had Hope O'Dare going bad, driven nuts by the Darkness, and the Shade dithering around wringing his hands mostly, while Barry and Wally did...stuff, and Iris was semi-possessed along with Hope.  But goodness always wins and Barry and Wally ran fast, and...well, it all got better in the end. 

You sucked me in withe Dickie, DC, but I don't think that I'll be staying with this book.  It's...okay, but doesn't really reach out and grab me.

Green Lantern Corps #10

Well, Hal has blown himself up to finish off Sinestro, and the Corps is trapped in a bottle like Kandor on Brainiac's ship, and they aren't very happy about it.  Hal turned himself into a Ring, because he IS just that awesome, and flies off to where Ganthet and Sayd were enjoying their retirement.  So they sigh, and put away the pina coladas, and summon Kyle, from wherever it is that he has been hanging out, as the White Lantern.  I fully admit that I have completely lost track of Kyle lately.

After a lot of yelling and sweating, they manage to grab Hal from his Green Lantern Heaven, where he was being shown the ropes by Abin Sur, and hanging out with a bunch of nice Dead Lanterns.  Glad that they have all gotten over that whole Blackest Night mess.  But Kyle is Awesome, and hauls Hal back so that he can be Awesome too. 

Not enough Guy.  But nice to see Kyle.

Wonder Woman #12

Diana is still trying to fit in, and hangs out with Steve, while she uses the Lasso's power to find out what the terrorists were up to, in their mall attack. It...isn't good, that's for sure.  Nicola Scott's artwork, is as always just gorgeous. 

Oh, and Ares shows up. 

Hawkeye #l

Well, I wasn't sure what to expect, but this was nice.  I like Kate, even if she isn't THE Hawk guy.  She's back in California, trying to set herself up as a detective, which is nice.  Say, whatever happened to that plotline with her Dad going all evil and Madame Masque anyway?  Most of the people trying to hire her, are actually looking for either Clint or the Optometrist, which I found to be rather a hoot.  But she does get an actual client, who is being cyber stalked, and is getting increasingly squicked by it. 

Kelly Thompson writes, and does a bang-up job, and Leonardo Romero does the art, which is vaguely Samnee-esque, which is fine with me. 

Very Good! 

Squirrel Girl #15

Now this is just silly, but that is my favorite thing anyway.  It is told from the viewpoint of Mew, Nancy's beloved cat.  Otherwise, it is just the Taskmaster taking on Squirrel Girl, the Avengers, and practically EVERYBODY, but only in the background.  You see a leg or body part go flying by and some purple prose from Taskmaster, but mostly it is Mew, fantasizing in her own cat dreams with Mice, or getting the anchovies off some discarded pizza, and making friends with a dog.  It almost looks like...could that be Pizza Dog?  I think it Is!  And together they two of them manage to...DEFEAT TASKMASTER!  Or at least give Doreen the idea of how to defeat Taskmaster. With the glory of her bushy Tail!  Taskmaster doesn't HAVE a tail!

God I do love this book. 

Not a bad week.  Not a fantastic, week, but a pretty good week, and at this point in my life, I'll take that.  Heck I am still giddy about getting my cable and computer and phone an television back.  That was a looooong week! 

Christmas is looming.  Gets quicker and quicker every year. 

6 Comments:

At 9:38 AM, Blogger ShellyS said...

I'm enjoying Flash, and I'm giving Hawkeye a try. It's better than the last book with Clint, so that's good enough to put it on my pull list.

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger CalvinPitt said...

That Squirrel Girl issue sounds pretty good, which makes me happy. I would have figured Pizza Dog was hanging out with Kate, though. Hmm, was he in Kate's book?

 
At 7:59 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

I do not recall seeing Pizza Dog in Kate's new book... so I assume he is still hanging out with Clint. I am still upset with Clint for killing Bruce Banner however. Although I can only assume that Bruce will be back in a relatively short period of time.

Speaking of which... did Civil War part deaux ever end yet?

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger CalvinPitt said...

I think Civil War might end this month. I'm not really happy with Clint about that either. Amadeus passed up the chance to squish his head like a bug, which I appreciated since I still have a certain fondness for Clint, but I still wish Clint had spent at least a little time in prison for it.

And Banner was already resurrected by the Hand in Uncanny Avengers. They stole his corpse about five seconds after he hit the ground. I mean, he's in Hulk form, wearing a suit of samurai armor, beating up Rogue, Deadpool, and Johnny Storm, but technically he's alive.

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger ShellyS said...

I am so over Civil War II.

 
At 6:43 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Shelly, it has just dragged on and on and on...I barely member what it is even about anymore.

Oh Calvin...! They already did that exact same plot with Wolverine way back when!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home