Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Teensy Reviews

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Friday, November 04, 2016

Teensy Reviews

Well, that's was a very tiny Wednesday. But tiny is still better than nothing at all.

Champions #2

I AM enjoying this book so far! Basically it is Young Avengers with a different moniker, but I also loved the crap out of Young Avengers. So far we have Amadeus Cho as Hulk, Ms. Marvel, although she is apparently thinking of changing her name, Miles as Spider-Man, and Nova and Viv, of the Visions. It is a pretty eclectic group.

They are camping out in the woods for a little team bonding, and basically introducing themselves and learning their powers.  It is actually a clever way to tell the readers the same thing. Then young teen Cyclops shows up and there is the usual misunderstanding. For example, I was unaware that original Scott was apparently dead, after going to the bad. I am sure he will eventually be back.

It is pretty fabulous.


The Unworthy Thor #1

It was very nice to see Thor, AKA Odin son again. I have been enjoying Jane Foster as the new Thor, but I still have a warm spot in my heart for the original. Poor baby, he is still moping about becoming unworthy to wield Mjolnir, and goes off to the moon to beat up some Trolls. It isn't quite as easy as it used to be, but thank Odin, he brought along Toothgnasher...one of his pair of Goats. I have always like the Goats.

But this is actually a bit of a flashback, since the story actually has him fighting to get to another Hammer... from another Thor. Also Beta Ray Bill shows up, and that's always nice. It is pretty darned good so far and have been enjoying the heck out of the Aesir stories lately, so this s also definitely a keeper.

And that was it!

3 Comments:

At 5:23 PM, Blogger ShellyS said...

Champions sure was fun.

 
At 8:03 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

It was! I can't tell you how nice it is to be able to read books with great characters, action, silly costumes and a little bit of humor thrown in for good measure. I was getting pretty sick of all the doom and gloom and death and decapitation.

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger ShellyS said...

Believe me, I know! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home