Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Itty Bitty Reviews

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Thursday, December 08, 2016

Itty Bitty Reviews

Well...that was a rather small week.  Not a bad week, mind you, but I find that I am getting fewer and fewer books lately.  On the other hand, I am awfully happy with the books that I DO get, and I suppose that is the main thing.  It was all too common for me to stick with something simply because of habit. 

Anyhoo.

Champions #3

I do adore this book.  They are all just so darned...cute. 

Teen Cyclops joined last issue, and Viv and Amadeus are doing a little tonsil hockey...simply in the name of science...or so they try to convince themselves.  Then it is off to some middle eastern country called Sharzad, to fight prejudice and oppression...both of which are good things to fight.  They get things done reasonably well, with a lot of good help from the oppressed for a change, girls who are being murdered simply for wanting to read...and it's nice to see them in charge of their own fates.  But it is still nice to get some help sometimes.

Great stuff.

Nova #1

I was never a Nova reader, I was too caught up in the Green Lanterns, but I really like young Sam, so I thought I would give this a chance, and darn it, it's pretty good!  Sam is off helping Ego, who is...to put it mildly...rather hilarious.  Richard Ryder is apparently back, but he's having some side effects from what happened when he "died".  Which puts him in a very large club...this IS Marvel after all. 

It was a good start, and I think that I'll be sticking with this to see how it all ends up. 

The Unworthy Thor #2

Beta Ray Bill shows up and offers his hammer to old Thor, who refuses to take it.  Thor seems to be just overflowing with humility for a change, which I actually think is a GOOD thing!  He's also been kidnapped by the Collector, who wants him to pick up the Mjolnir that was flung into this Universe by the old Doomverse.  Everyone else who has tried to touch it gets blown up. 

Thor grabs it, and gets a history lesson.  Which is nice, but apparently he is STILL unworthy!  Bummer.  And apparently SHEILD has...Thanos locked up in a cell?  Or the Ultimates, or whomever, I haven't been reading that book.  Again, I like this so far, and will be staying with it for the foreseeable future.

And that was it!  Small, but a pretty decent Wednesday.

4 Comments:

At 8:29 AM, Blogger ShellyS said...

I'll be getting my comics today, but I'm looking forward to Champions.

 
At 7:23 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

I think you will like it... it's fun, and the bickering is a hoot.

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger CalvinPitt said...

I thought Nova was a very well-drawn book, but I'm hoping for more Rich in subsequent issues. The whole thing with Ego having an infestation was well done, so I'm hopeful when they get out in space more.

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

I have to admit, I thought the part with Ego was hilarious.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home