Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Oh Thank God!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Sunday, December 04, 2016

Oh Thank God!

Well...that was an interesting week.  Last Friday, and by that I mean over a week ago, my modem, or tower thingie that I get from the Cable Company that powers ALL my stuff, decided to die.  As in completely dead.  So I called the nice girl at Frontier, and she ordered me a new one, which would come in three business days. 

Okay.  No phone, no wi-fi, no television, no computer...I can last five days or so.  It basically meant reading a book by candlelight, but I could cope.  I am an old lady, I remember the world before!

The new thingie came on Tuesday, which was quicker than I expected, and with the help of my twenty-something daughter, we installed it.  Except...it still didn't work.  The green lights were nice, but the broadband telephone lights were still red.  So we called again.  The new nice girl talked us through things, and entered a code or something, and then realized that something was wrong with the phone lines.  Now keep in mind that way back the first time, I had mentioned that it was an AT&T modem thingie, and therefore fairly old.  But a service call was scheduled for Thursday.

So Thursday I waited.  And waited.  And finally about 3:30 I called again.  Talked to a nice boy this time.  No service order was ever placed, but they could come out the next day on Friday.  And they did!  And we did need a new telephone line, because the new modem thingie was updated and would no longer work on the old out-dated line, and the tech scolded me, because we should have had a tech come out the first time. 

Arrrggghhh!

But at least I now have a telephone, television, computer and wi-fi.  And that is why I couldn't update or surf the web, or read my tablet, or balance my checkbook, or watch bad tv.  Thank god I have a cell phone!

So...on to Reviews!

Tiny tiny reviews.

Black Widow #8

Well, Natasha has broken up the successor to the Red Room, but she is having trouble finding all the little darlings who have graduated, so she is using the wiles of the Weeping Lion, to find them.  Turns out that one of them boards a bus to go to the White House on a field trip, and plans to assassinate the Vice President!  It's all very exciting, especially when it isn't just one little girl but a bunch of them! 

And something odd is happening on the Moon.

Good stuff as usual. 

Ms Marvel #13

Get out the Vote!  Strange things are going on in Kamala's school and town, with a bizarre redistricting and blatant gerrymandering commencing, so that the sleezeball Chuck Worthy that she ran into previously, could take over, and nobody feels like voting, but Kamala manages to whip up some enthusiasm, and it's all rather delightful.

I do love this book.


Saga #40

Well, I think that Prince Robot is losing what few marbles he had left. Hazel is getting a wee bit jealous at the thought of another baby. Marko is still dealing with his penchent for violence, and hey, Gwen and Lying Cat show up! 

It's getting weird, but that is how I like it.  Lovely, just lovely.

So...a small week, but a very GOOD week! 

God, I am so glad to have my computer back!

6 Comments:

At 9:28 AM, Blogger ShellyS said...

There you are! I was wondering where you'd vanished to! Seriously, I'm glad it worked out. And that's why we have both phone service (Verizon) for our smartphones and my tablet, and cable for wifi for the computer (and as an option for the phones and tablet). It's extremely rare for both to not be working.

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

You are wise indeed. Our phone cable turned out to not be compatible with the fancy new modem thingie...which frankly I would have thought they would have realized when I told them the old one was relatively obsolete.

We have Verizon for our cell phones, but I didn't know you could get all the other goodies too!

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger ShellyS said...

We have Verizon, and a landline phone! Both our cellphones are on Verizon and my Android Tablet is Verizon. The tablet and phones also have wifi capability, so at home, they connect to our home wifi network or we can use the Verizon connection. I tend to use just Verizon when I'm not home, but I can tap into free wifi like what NYC offers in the subway system now. I like having options.

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

It sounds a lot simpler. I am an old fuddy duddy when it comes to actual technology, which probably isn't a good thing. Better than my mom though!

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger ShellyS said...

We've had modems die enough times to know the benefits of a backup system. ;)

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

It was like going back to the horse and buggy days.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home