Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Random Ramblings

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Monday, September 15, 2014

Random Ramblings

Well it's Monday, but it actually is a rather beautiful Monday.  It's already half-way through September, and Summer is fast fading, which has me feeling gently melancholy.  Ordinarily, I am absolutely panting to get to September, because I love Autumn, and usually August is hot and muggy and horrible.  This year however we in little old New England had one of the nicest Augusts that I can remember.  More like September weather, dry and in the 70's and 80's.  So actually having the days getting shorter is a bit of a shock. 

I'm sure that it is different in your parts of the country. 

Still feeling queasy about the DC books this month.  Probably going to pass on most of them.  I might give Red Lanterns a look, because I think Guy is supposed to be a Blue Lantern, which sounds a little weird.  I don't know if the Red Lantern book is even going to continue, now that Guy is more or less out of the group.  Not that there is much of a group left, but he seems to have come to terms with the Red Ring and is hanging out on Earth for a while. 

What does surprise me, is that I always thought that a Red Lantern would die if they lost their ring.  And yet Dex-starr and Atrocitus seemed to have survived, and will be incarcerated in the Sciencells, where presumably they can escape some day to wreak more revenge.  Shouldn't they be dead?  Defunct?  Pushing up daisies?  Taking a Dirt Nap?  Who the heck knows? 

I like Guy's longer hair, but the mustache and the beard are starting to annoy me. 

I have heard that there is going to be a Teen Titans cartoon beginning soon? Can't remember where or when, but that would probably be worth a looksie.

Is it me, or is Wonder Woman really late?  Or did I miss the last issue?  Last I knew,she had been stabbed by the First Born. It would be nice to find out what happens.  I am NOT looking forward to the Finches new stint on the title.  I don't know anything about her abilities as a writer, but Brian Finch always makes Diana look about 17, and she always has a cocked hip and sway back.  It's a bit annoying.  And uncomfortable.

I forget where I found this, but it just makes me smile.  It's by Mike Norton, and it is adorable.


 photo mike-norton-flash-asapug_zps3ebfb7d8.jpg


So...so adorable.

2 Comments:

At 2:05 PM, Blogger CalvinPitt said...

Going by the December solicitations, Red Lanterns will still be going, and so will the whole war with the New Gods story. My condolences.

On the other hand, December is also when the new Secret Six book is going to start, and Booster and Beetle are going to join the cast of Justice League 3000. And Giffen apparently said these are somehow the pre-new 52 versions. Not at all sure how that works, but I feel that is information relevant to your interests.

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Thank You, Calvin. I am so looking forward to the new Secret Six, AND the Darwyn Cooke covers, and I am just dying for Booster and Beetle...I don't care how.

I'm glad that Guy still has his own book, it is actually the best of the Green Lantern books at the moment. Charles Soule is one of my new favorite writers...and he has a pretty deft hand. ON the other hand, it is yet ANOTHER Big Story!

Yeesh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home