Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Bleh

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Saturday, July 07, 2012

Bleh

There are times when I really really hate Summer.  And today is one of those times.  We have not one but TWO parades today, and the temperature is going to be in the high 90's with something like 75% humidity.  Not to mention a good chance of thunderstorms right in the middle of the second parade.  We were dropping like flies on Wednesday when we only had one parade!

Actually, I think that I am one of those odd people who could live perpetually in Autumn.  I love Autumn.  I like Spring.  I don't even mind Winter all that much.  I like Summer when it is 75 to 80 and with low humidity, and there aren't any mosquitoes, and the wine is plentiful and the strawberries are ripe and fragrant.  So in other words, for about a week. 


Nevertheless, I hope that everyone is still enjoying this extended holiday week.  And staying cool.

3 Comments:

At 8:26 AM, Blogger Gary said...

Spare a thought for us over here in the UK - some areas have had a month's rainfall in 24 hours. The great British summer, everybody!

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger CalvinPitt said...

Gary, I remember rain. It's that wet stuff, what falls from the sky, right?

Here in Missouri, this is the 10th or 11th consecutive day over 100 Fahrenheit. This has naturally entirely overlapped my vacation time.

On the one hand, better it happens when I'm not working, as my job is set entirely outside. On the other, it means I haven't been able to do much outdoors over my vacation, which is limiting.

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Gary, I believe that it actually gets into the 70's for at least one week during the summer in the UK! My kind of weather!

As horrible as it has been in New England, Calvin, I do believe that it is even more horrible where you are. That's just mind-boggling!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home