Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Bouquets and Brickbats

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Thursday, November 04, 2010

Bouquets and Brickbats

Nary a brickbat is going to be thrown this week, boys and girls. Not a lot of books, but some really GOOD books. Which makes for a HUGE change over last week. Man, but I can hold onto a grudge.

Let us begin with Batman & Robin #16. I am FLABBERGHASTED! With JOY! All kinds of fabulous things happen, from the return of the REAL Batman, to Damian kicking all kinds of ass, to the Joker and his banana peel. There was also a whole lot of backstory filled in, that I for one, was exceedingly grateful for, since I'm not a huge Batfan, so I hadn't read some of the things that were referenced to. And wasn't THAT a convoluted sentence! Needless to say, Thomas Wayne is a bad bad man, and I was hugely happy at what happened.

I can't NOT show you this scan...
Photobucket

My heart was just filled with joy.


This was sensational.

Brightest Day #13. After a rather slow start, these books have really begun to hit their stride. This issue focused on Hawkman and Hawkwoman, and although I'm not much of a champion of either...it was still very good. Man, Shiera's mom is a REAL piece of work! She could give Peggy Louise Gardner a run for her money!

Jonah Hex #61. And here we have something of a flashback tale. It's about Mei Ling! You all remember Mei Ling of course, Jonah's Chinese wife from way back when. I never could stand her for one reason or another. She wanted Jonah to hang up his guns and become a farmer, and was always pitching fits when that proved to be impossible. And she whined a lot. And cheated on him. But here...here I actually LIKED her! Or could at least understand the attraction. Good stuff.

Secret Six #27. All KINDS of fabulous things are going on, between the two teams of the various Six. Bane doesn't die, which is a good thing. Scandal is hysterical and remorseful, Jeanette takes command of the situation as only she can do, and Catman puts on an interesting...and familiar outfit. Oh, and Spy Smasher learns an important lesson. Never EVER mess with Amanda Waller.

And my lone entry from Marvel, is the first out of a four-part mini-series starring none other than the Warriors Three. I love these guys, and this looks like it's going to be a reasonable amount of fun. The Fenris Wolf is loose, and wreaking havoc, and our intrepid trio is out to bring him in. Since it is written by Bill Willingham, I keep thinking that Fenris is actually Bigby...so I'm rooting for the wolf too. Still, it looks interesting.

I hope that everyone went out and enjoyed their comics too.

3 Comments:

At 2:06 PM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Willingham is writing Warriors Three? I may have to pick that up! I always did like the Warriors Three, even though I'm not really sure why ...

 
At 4:14 PM, Anonymous AE said...

Not the biggest fan of Morrison on Batman, but love his Joker!

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

I LOVE the Warriors Three, and like you, can't really explain exactly why...I just do.

I know that Grant Morrison is not everyone's cup of tea, on Batman, but it may be because I'm not a huge Batfan, that I have no problem with what he's been doing. In fact, I think it's fabulous.

Which could explain I suppose, why people who aren't big Ice fans have no problem with her new origin by Winick. Which drives me crazy. So, I apologize to all the Batfans.

Oh, but the Joker WAS fabulous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home