Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: What Shall be the Theme for THIS Week?

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Monday, October 25, 2010

What Shall be the Theme for THIS Week?

Here we are, with a bright brand new week, all laying out before us...and not a clue as to how to fill it. Blogging is hard!

However, since I'm still fixated on Kari Limbo for some reason, I think that I'll do something exciting, and post about all of the women in our favorite Green Lanterns lives. Hal, Guy, John AND Kyle. I know that Alan has women in HIS life, but I don't have any pictures, and besides, he's married, and has been for years. And I don't like Jade anyway, so pooh.

But yeah, speaking of Kari Limbo...

Photobucket

...here she is alternately swooning and sucking out Hal's tonsils. She did quite a LOT of that for a while. Cowgirl may not be my favorite Hal babe, but at least she doesn't swoon. Neither does Carol.

Hal was SUCH a sucker. And Guy was well out of it, as I think he eventually came to realize. Which STILL doesn't excuse Hal's behavior.

I should just let this go.

4 Comments:

At 2:06 PM, Blogger Erich said...

Just wanted to share something I posted earlier today. I've been posting the sketches I've collected over the years in my "musical sketchbook" (drawings accompanied by a song lyric or title that fits the characters), and the latest post is a Cully Hamner sketch of John Stewart, with a verse from Badfinger.

http://fishflavoredbaseballbat.blogspot.com/2010/10/musical-monday-john-stewart-sings.html

Just thought you'd enjoy that (and I'm sure you'll also like the non-GL sketches I've posted).

And just wait, in a few weeks' time, I'll be coming to my Guy Gardner sketch from Joe Phillips.

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

That's a VERY nice drawing of John Stewart, Erich. I'm looking forward to your Guy Gardner pictures as well!

 
At 2:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was about to comment on how I found it odd that your ire was directed at Kari, when I place more narrative blame on Hal, if only because he was a more developed character and less of a plot device (Kari didn't have any staying power, imo)... but

then you ended it with that last phrase, so yeah. I can get why you would dislike her. I personally didn't find her to have too many compelling attributes, she seemed quite emotionally unstable and capricious, but I wish there would be a modern retake on her.

Can't wait for more of this! I'd love to talk more about the unfortunate "hush-hush" implications of Hal's relationship status with Arisia right now, but I do wonder what you feel about how he left her culturally isolated and abandoned on Earth in a sense? I'm fascinated by their relationship, but it doesn't mean I think it's healthy or good, of course.

I am interested for your take on Kyle's relationships, of course, if only because I love Alex, Donna and Jade, and it seems like you... well, do not, on the latter two. :) I was wondering if you'd take any disagreements in commentary, but I always want to tread carefully on people's personal blogs, because I know you might have to deal with annoying trolls and I never want to come off as one.

(And, by the way, your recent entry on the atrocious Ice retcon is wonderful).

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

I don't mind in the least if you disagree with me, just so long as we keep it fairly polite. I tend to have strong opinions some times, but I can also...hopefully...see the other side of the coin as well.

Poor Kyle has indeed had something of a tough time with all of his girlfriends. Alex was my favorite, although Donna was ok. But man, I just can't stand Jade.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home