Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Bleh!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Bleh!

Crap-in-a-hat...it's HOT! August's way of saying goodbye I suppose. Either that, or the Weather Wizard is up to some shenanigans.

Did anybody used to watch the original Jonny Quest cartoons? It was absolutely my favorite when I was a kid. I understand that they made more modern ones, but for some reason, they weren't exactly my cup of tea.

I used to have a tiny little crush on Race Bannon, but later my fancy turned to Doctor Benton Quest. I simply adore his self-confidence...not to mention arrogance. It suddenly occured to me, watching television the other day, that the guy they have in the Dos Equis beer commercials would be PERFECT to play Doctor Quest if they ever made a live-action movie. He has that air of superiority that is simply breathtaking.

I get a little strange watching tv sometimes.

3 Comments:

At 5:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's that expression he gives in the opening when his name's onscreen- it's amusing but it doesn't suggest any sort of a sympatheticcharacter. It's kind of funny though- like the time I caught the opening of Bonanza and the eldest son looked bored during his onscreen credit close-up.

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger Your Obedient Serpent said...

Of course I watched Jonny Quest! One of the high points of '60s animation.

Give the '80s episodes a miss, but if you get a chance, the second season of the '90s "Real Adventures of Jonny Quest" was amazing. the first season was badly mis-handled, with new character designs and incoherent scripts, but when a band of hard-core JQ fans got control of the show, they really pulled it all together and produced a run of episodes that tapped into the best of the original series.

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

I loved that bored little quirk of his eyebrow, in the opening credits.

Heh.

I will be on the lookout for the later seasons, if you say it's worthwhile, my dear Serpent! Man, I just loved that show.

My favorite 80's cartoon had to be Galaxy Rangers. It had robot horses!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home