Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: That Was One HECK of a Wednesday!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Wednesday, July 01, 2009

That Was One HECK of a Wednesday!

I didn't get a ton of books today, but I do have to say that the ones that came in were...choice.

Batman & Robin #2 by Grant Morrison and Frank Quitely. Frankly, I am smitten. The artwork is just so insanely gorgeous, and I'm enjoying the heck out of the story as well.

Batman

Yes, Dick is angsting again (as usual) but I find that I actually feel a bit sorry for him, while Alfred is simply amazing. And Damien finds himself in something of a pickle.

Gosh, this is good.

Final Crisis Aftermath: Run #3 is just some more silly fun, but I'm enjoying it. Mike is just so irredeemably bad, and SUCH a loser. Besides, I'm loving the Condiment King.

Green Lantern Corps #38. Oh God, I am SO smitten. SMITTEN! It also has one of the best panels that I've ever seen...featuring Guy of course.

Jonah Hex #45 is starting to really pack in the excitement. El Diablo shows up, along with Tallulah and Bat Lash. The suspense is building.

Jstice League: Cry for Justice #1. Ok, I liked this. I liked it a lot. The artwork is gorgeous, and I find that I would probably read James Robinson's grocery list, but I am really liking this. Ray Palmer and Ryan Choi showed up! And Congorilla! And Mikaal! I'm in heaven.

And finally, last, but by no means least, is Secret Six #11. Hooboy, things are going to hit the fan. Well, they've already hit the fan. Tensions are mounting amongst the Six, and it is interesting to see where their loyalties lie. But I'm really loving both Bane and Jeanette, so I'm hoping that things smooth over.

Another great week for Comics. And Blackest Night is beginning this month!

7 Comments:

At 7:43 PM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Geez, did I ever LOVE Cry for Justice. LOVED IT!!!!!!

Lots of good trade books this week, too!

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger ShellyS said...

Batman and Robin and Secret 6 are easily at the top of my Must Read list. And it seems impossible, but Gail Simone keeps topping herself. Next ish of Secret Six with Wonder Woman should be awesome!

 
At 2:43 AM, Blogger James Ashelford said...

Who doesn't love the Condiment King?

 
At 4:36 AM, Anonymous wik said...

Regarding GLC 38, those little blue dictators are seriously going to deserve any and all punishment coming to them (excluding poor Ganthet and Sayd, already betrayed numerous times by their fellow Guardians)...
Cry for Justice already looks like it will be brilliant, just because it seems that there is a guiding purpose to start off with, and strange editorial decisions don't seem the decisive factor. And of course, one has to feel sorry for poor Dick, not just having to fill the mantle of Batman but also having to deal with Damian. He really does need Tim to return to Gotham to have a teammate who can help him do all he can without him having to worry about all around him. Though I don't think Damian would be happy to have Tim fighting alongside him...

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

I really thought that Alfred's suggestion to Dick to treat the role of Batman AS a role, was sheer genius. Perked him right up.

I LIKED Cry For Justice, I have to say that the artwork is mindboggling beautiful. And having Hal and Ollie running around being sanctimonious together is JUST so much fun. It was nice to see Mikaal, and there was a hint that the Shade might be showing up, and I love the Shade

Having Wonder Woman showing up in Secret Six, is just the icing on the cake. It will be a hoot to see Gail Simone combine her two books.

And yes, James, who DOESN't love the Condiment King.

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger MetFanMac said...

That image of Alfred is Motto to the nth :-)

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Isn't it though?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home