Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Woohoo! It's Wednesday!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Woohoo! It's Wednesday!

I wasn't expecting a whole lot of books this Wednesday, so I was so very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the books that did arrive.

Right off the bat, there was Billy Batson And The Magic Of Shazam! I love this book, and it's been a while since the last one. It...it's got robots!

Booster Gold #21 was excellent as always. Booster, on the advice of Rip, goes to the Batcave to retrieve those photos of him going back in time and trying to save Barbara Gordon, but of course he runs into the NEW Batman. Booster is also smart enough to figure it all out pretty darn quickly. Then there's an appearance by the nefarious Black Beetle,and one heck of a cliffhanger. AND, the debut of the Blue Beetle as the back-up feature, which was delightful. Paco and Brenda! Jaime fighting a giant robot! Robots seem to be a trend this week.

The Great Fables Crossover continues. Jack meets his long-lost son, Jack Frost, and manages to con the poor lad. I sense a plot twist coming.

Final Crisis: Escape #2. I'm still liking this. Like Poor Nemesis, I'm not exactly sure what's going on, but I don't think that I'm supposed to, so I'm just sitting back and enjoying the ride. And Fire shows up! I LOVE Fire!

The Flash: Rebirth #3. I'm continuing to enjoy this as well. Poor Barry. He's having one heck of a time. The rest of the speedsters aren't doing too well either. And now, we finally get to see who is behind it all, which makes sense. The race between Barry and Superman made me smile.

Green Lantern Corps #37. Oh, things are definitely hitting the fan. Oh Joy.

JSA vs KOBRA #1 I didn't even know about this, but it combines the JSA with Checkmate, and we get to see Sasha Bordeaux and Michael Holt, and Doctor Midnite, and...oooohhh! Look! Obsidian!

Cool.

Red Robin #1 I had gone ahead and picked up Batman and Robin, and loved it, so I thought that I would give this a try. I still don't completely understand why Dick dumped poor Tim for that miserable little snerp Damian, and it is pretty obvious that Tim doesn't quite understand either. Nor, do I know why he's running around Europe beating people up. Ok, I guess.

And finally, I picked up the fourth volume of Green Lantern Showcase.

Oh Dwayne, my dear, you may as well just quit now. I've never SEEN so many bottoms and head bashings! It is delightful.

And keeping up with that theme, here is Airwave giving Hal his regards in Green Lantern/Green Arrow #100

head shot


'Cause that just never gets old.

3 Comments:

At 8:20 PM, Blogger Dwayne "the canoe guy" said...

So you have to go buy a Showcase in order to keep up the Jonah Hex!?!?! Hee hee. I'll never resort to buying a Showcase for that (mainly because I HAVE all the issues of Jonah Hex so it would be a waste of good $$$)

 
At 7:35 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

I picked up that GL Showcase #3, too. I have most of those old comics, but they're falling apart! It's nice to be able to read those stories now without having to wear gloves and use tweezers to turn pages. ;-) Gil Kane was a mad genius in those days, with all of his really bizarre uses of perspective and positioning.

And, of course, they just HAD to end the volume prior to where the Neal Adams stuff begins. ;-)

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

But...but I LIKE the Showcase format! It's so handy,and all of the madness is conveniently bound together, so that I don't have to go rooting through all my boxes and piles and stuff.

I'm ashamed to admit it, but I'm the sort of person who buys the individual books, and THEN goes out and buys the Trade as well. Not for everything, but for some things at least.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home