Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: And...we're still at it.

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Thursday, June 04, 2009

And...we're still at it.

I'm beginning to suspect that Dwayne and I have entered the realm of obsession, with our dimwitted devotion to the sight (and occasionally sound) of our respective boys getting their butts and brains handed to them. And yet...I'm enjoying myself in an odd sort of way. Peace and love and understanding are all fine and wonderful things, but there's just SOMEthing about a roundhouse blow to the chops that really gets your blood flowing.

Over at Matching Dragoons, Dwayne has somehow found a scan showing Hawkman gently slapping Jonah, who is riding a flying horse. I cannot even BEGIN to fathom the back story to THAT little scenario. I do however, have a rather odd-ball one myself.

Hal Pictures

How often are you attacked by surly alien pink elephants? It's probably not a daily occurance in our neck of the woods. This is courtesy of Green Lantern Corps #211, and incidentally one of my absolute favorite stories. This is the one where Guy gets them all drunk out of their minds, because he wants to celebrate New Year's Eve. John ends up proposing to Katma, Hal and Arisia are out in the woods rutting like weasels, and everyone else is alternately exhilarated or depressed. Salaak, who is a cranky drunk, is the one who dreams up the Pink Elephants, who attack everyone else. It's A TRUE Classic.

5 Comments:

At 5:50 PM, Blogger Duskdog said...

This is just one of the many things we have to thank Guy Gardner for.

God bless him. Or something.

 
At 7:28 PM, Blogger Dwayne "the canoe guy" said...

Now I am afraid to ask where the pink goo in the prior post came from, for I think that, deep in my heart of hearts, what I fear is really the truth.

Ewwwwwwwwwww

 
At 3:26 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Actually, the pink goo came from a big pink monster.

Yeah, wrap your brain around THAT. ;-)

I LOVE that Pink Elephants story. One of the best - and most entertaining -- Green Lantern stories EVER.

 
At 4:43 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

It really is a fabulous story. Joe Staton does a sensational job on the art, and Englehart just gets their personalities down perfectly.

I think one of my most favorite moments is when a drunk-off-her-ass Kari Limbo tells a slightly disconcerted Hal,that she doesn't want him anymore, she wants Guy. Hal is all...ok, that's...hey, WAIT A MINUTE!

Teehee!

 
At 5:40 AM, Blogger googum said...

Damn, I've lost that batch of GLC. I enjoyed them a lot as they came out, but the last two issues ruin it for me...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home