Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Signs of Desperation

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Signs of Desperation

Oh crap. Back to staring at a blank computer...desperate to come up with something...ANYthing to write about. How do real columnists and writers DO this day after day?

Let's see, there is a giant killer storm wending its way across the entire continent, and it will...naturally...hit New England by Wednesday. Snow, sleet and ice, and so forth. Naturally, my childish brain seized upon the forecast that was for Wednesday, and my first thought was that it was going to be VERY difficult to get my comics. Not that school maybe delayed or cancelled, or if there is enough milk in the house, but "Oh God, What About My Comic Books?!" Please tell me that I'm not the only person who has that sort of ridiculous reaction.

In the Good News Department, I think that the second Starman Omnibus is coming out in February. This is VERY good news. And the third one is coming out in June, just in time for my birthday. In my best Doctor Doom voice, may I just say that this pleases me.

Oh, and the best traditions of this particular blog, let me just post this.
Batman being stupid ALWAYS lifts my spirits!

Batman

I could throw in Hal getting hit in the head and showing off his behind, but I don't want to push it.

13 Comments:

At 10:39 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Lousy Bat-hound. ALWAYS underfoot!

Just like MY dogs!

Anyways -- The storm wasn't so bad for the north side of Indianapolis. It just started snowing again, though. :-\

Here's hoping your comic book shop doesn't get snowed in!

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger Tony Z™ said...

Not that school maybe delayed or cancelled, or if there is enough milk in the house, but "Oh God, What About My Comic Books?!" Please tell me that I'm not the only person who has that sort of ridiculous reaction.

At first I was going to say, "No, your not." But since you called it a "ridiculous" reaction, when it's really the only reaction...I'm not so sure...

Awesome Batman!!

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger Saranga said...

You need link posts.

And worrying about comics is a very normal and apt thing.

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger The one letter wonder said...

I have the same concers when i hear that there's going to be a snowstorm on a wednesday :(
But, Batman tripping over dogs and such puts a smile on my face :D

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger Scipio said...

No. It's Batman tripping over a dog READING A PAPER.

THAT is fabulous.

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger Third World Diplomat said...

Batman T.R.I.P

 
At 5:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The slow blue bat tripped over the lazy dog.

 
At 5:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ridiculous? Maybe, but completely understandable. We're getting socked in Ohio right now and all I can think is "Maybe by tonight, it will have moved on, and I can get my comix!"

 
At 7:59 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

HaHaH! It's not just me! It's coming down like crazy at the moment, so I suppose I'll just suck it up and get them tomorrow.

But I won't be happy about it.

Do you suppose that Ace yelped or did he just bite Batman in the butt? I LOVE alliteration!

 
At 5:20 AM, Blogger Person of Consequence said...

I think that after a photo of you tripping over a dog makes the round, the whole "striking fear in the hearts of criminals" thing is severely compromised.

 
At 7:07 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

That's why they let Snapper Carr hang around. He has all KINDS of blackmail photos.

 
At 8:27 AM, Blogger notintheface said...

The Hal head injuries alone are enough to keep him around.

By the way, Sal, I just posted my entry for the final round of Friday Night Fights. It was designed especially....for YOU.

 
At 6:31 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

You DO know the way to a girl's heart!

*sigh*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home