Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: I Missed It!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Saturday, January 24, 2009

I Missed It!

Gah! I missed last night's viewing of "The Brave & the Bold" on the Cartoon chanel. Granted, I did have a valid excuse, such as picking up my son who had been attending an awards ceremony for Habitat for Humanity, but still...!

Fortunately it is on again tonight. I do believe that this is the episode with Ted Kord as the Blue Beetle, although I'm pretty sure that Jaime will show up again. I keep hoping that Guy will show up too. You can just never have too much of Ted.

Blue Beetle

This is from one of my favorite plotlines of the old Justice League, written by Giffen and DeMatteis, and beautifully drawn by Ty Templeton. Ted has been brainwashed by that Biaylian Queen Whatshername, and tried to stab Max in the previous issue. Amanda Waller is there to try and figure out what happened. Don't worry about her, she manages to kick Ted right in his leg wound, which is nasty,but effective.

But Ted's just so cute here, dagnabit. AND evil. We don't get to see Ted being evil very often, but he does it very well. Of course it's not his fault, but every hero should have the chance to be mind-controlled once in a while, so that they can chew the proverbial scenery and show everyone how powerful they REALLY are.

Well except Hal of course. He takes being mind-controlled to an extreme level, in typical Jordan fashion.

6 Comments:

At 11:41 PM, Blogger Duskdog said...

It is nice to see characters get the chance to really show what they're made of without their morals or personality holding them back. Especially when it's someone like Ted, who never got the props he truly deserved.

Is that the same issue that has a simple, lovely moment between Tora and Booster, where they commiserate about how neither of them are being allowed to see their ailing best friends? I always thought it was a nice touch. But then, I'm a sucker for character interaction. We could have ten issues in a row where no one uses their powers and I probably wouldn't even notice.

 
At 7:26 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

That was one of the things that I loved so much about the old JLI...there was so MUCH in the way of character building moments. Which isn't to say that they didn't go out and save the world, but somehow it was just more fun when they were hanging around the embassy bickering.

There was just so much potential to Ted.

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger Person of Consequence said...

It didn't have any brainwashing, but I thought the Brave and the Bold episode was a very nice tribute to Ted, emphasizing that yes, he IS on Batman's level.
And in other, "I'm a horrible person" news, that third panel could totally inspire some Waller/Blue Beetle slasher fiction.

 
At 7:00 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Amanda and Ted? That could be interesting. At one point Kalinara wanted to slash Amanda and Guy. She DID call him carrot-top back during Invasion, which for Amanda Waller is practically endearing.

 
At 5:19 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

I missed B&B, too. I don't usually watch TV shows (more of a movie/DVD snob), so I'm not used to setting aside specific times to watch TV. :-( I'll probably just end up waiting for the DVD set to come out. Heck, I never even saw Justice League until last year (on DVD)!

 
At 6:35 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Plastic Man and the Elongated Man are going to be on this coming week. RALPH!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home