Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: What the Heck...?

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Friday, December 19, 2008

What the Heck...?

I admit it, at this time of the year, my brain starts to fry a little bit. The shopping, the lights, the liquor-enhanced eggnog, the parties...at times I start gibbering and thinking strange thoughts.

Such as...Why oh why, do ALL the men in those old Romance Comics...all look like Hal Jordan?

Romance

It doesn't matter what their actual names are, I see that thick brown hair, with the curling forelock, and immediately start using Hal's name. It can be QUITE amusing. Try it!

And speaking of odd, I saw THIS scan on Mike Sterling's blog...

silly

...and all I could think of, was that if Guy Gardner was a kid, and an anthropomorphic duck...this is how he would have looked. I'll never be able to look at Baby Huey the same way again.

Maybe...just maybe I should start laying OFF the eggnog.

6 Comments:

At 9:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Guy Gardner, Anthropomorphic Duck Boy."

I would totally buy that as a miniseries.

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger notintheface said...

"Why oh why, do ALL the men in those old Romance Comics...all look like Hal Jordan?"

Uh, cause they're drawn by or inspired by Neal Adams?

Actually, it seems like the blond men in those books all look like Booster Gold sans mask.

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger Duskdog said...

There are a lot of weird Guy books that I would buy. Even if I wasn't obsessed, Guy just naturally lends himself to all sort of weird situation/premises. "Guy Gardner, Anthropomorphic Duck Boy" would be on my pull list for sure.

I'd buy an ongoing Hal Jordan romance book, too. They'd be just like the old romance comics -- really silly and cheesy and romantic -- except there would be a lot more falling down.

 
At 6:44 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Those old Romance comics are a heck of a lot more fun, if you just cross out the name of the guy, and write in HAL. Someday, I think I'll just draw one, with Hal in his Green Lantern suit, and photoshop it in with the regular Romance book.

If I knew how to do that of course.

Which I don't.

And yes, Guy just manages to be almost...anything that's odd. I think that it is the expression on the face in that scan, more than anything.

 
At 7:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I'd buy an ongoing Hal Jordan romance book, too. They'd be just like the old romance comics -- really silly and cheesy and romantic -- except there would be a lot more falling down."

And head injuries!

Although to be fair, those old romance books did tend to use Hollywood-style amnesia with distressing regularity, usually induced by a knock on the noggin.

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger Christian Zamora said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!

Not much to say, really, ROFL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home