Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: I...Feel Happy

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

I...Feel Happy

So, so very happy. The dark reign of the Neocons is over, and the smell of Victory is indeed sweet. If you voted for John McCain, please excuse my gloating...it's been QUITE a while. I voted for Kerry, I voted for Gore, hell, I even voted for Dukakis. I can't tell you what the world would have been like if my candidates had won, but I CAN tell you, that it is quite probably we wouldn't be in quite this state of desperation. Or so I would like to think, anyway.

Sheesh, I even stayed up past 11:00! I'm old! This is unprecedented!

AND, it's Wednesday and Secret Six is coming out today. Could anything be more perfect?

Well...there is the news that Robin, Nightwing and Birds of Prey are going to be cancelled. This put a damper on my unbridled enthusiasm. On the other hand, now that I think about it, it is also probable that this is all a part of the Batman:RIP storyline, and I would imagine that the books would be revamped and restarted...all with a bright and shiny #1 up in the corner. I don't read Robin, but I know people who do, and Nightwing was getting GOOD with Peter Tomasi handling the writin reins, and I LOVE Birds of Prey! Where else will I be able to see Manhunter, or Zinda?

If they do relaunch Birds of Prey, can we put Fire and Ice on the team this time? Because that would really make me happy. And Huntress and Zinda and Manhunter, and probably Misfit, but lets dump Black Alice, because I'm finding her only tolerable in small amounts. Oh, and bring back Barda. And Creote.

Photobucket

I'm just as happy as a gaggle of Green Lanterns

6 Comments:

At 8:03 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

*Sea is too busy dancing to write anything of great importance or pithiness at the moment.*

:-)

 
At 8:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it! Obama not only won, he clobbered McCain! More than double the electoral votes! No chance of the Supreme Court overturning the mandate of the people this time!
Even in the states he did win, McCain mostly just squeaked by. And I'm talking state that usually go red in a big way. In Texas he only got 55%; in Georgia, 60%. Still a win, I know, but it sends a message.

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger Duskdog said...

Yay Obama!

But wait, they're cancelling Birds of Prey? I could care less about Nightwing, don't read Robin (but don't mind it, either), but Birds of Prey?!

I really do hope it's part of that Batman storyline and there will be a revamp, except that even that annoys me. Pointlessly cancelling comics that have a good run already and then restarting them at #1 ticks me off something awful. Plus, it gets really confusing after a while! Green Lantern is pretty straight-forward with vols. 1-4, but try describing Justice League by its volume number without getting a headache! First there was the original Justice League of America, then there was Justice League, which became Justice League International, which then became Justice League America and then there was Justice League Europe, then JLE became JLI (a terrible move considering that JLA which had been the original JLI was still running concurrently), and then both were cancelled and there was a new JLA, then it was gone and there's yet another... sheesh.

It made me mad when Marvel started cancelling books and then restarting them at #1, too, but ugh. At least if they restart, maybe they will include Bea and Tora! Can't you just see Charlie trying to tag along with them?

My wallet should be happy that I'm not going to make it pay for Checkmate, Manhunter, or BoP anymore I guess. And maybe not Flash, either, depending on what happens there. :(

 
At 6:56 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Yes, Obama won handily, and with not shenanigans over Florida or anywhere else. Thank Goodness!

I'm quite horrified about the impending doom of Nightwing and Birds of Prey, but I'm trying to convince myself that they will start over. That shiny new #1 up in the corner, is just so...irresistable to the Comic book Companies.

But please please please bring back Birds of Prey1

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger Dwayne "the canoe guy" said...

I think McCain only got in the 50% range in Georgia, not 60%.
Anyway, I'm in Oklahoma that went 66% for McCain and the state legislature went to the Republicans for the first time since statehood in 1907.

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger Christian Zamora said...

I'm so glad Obama won :) and I know people all over the world is happy about it as well. I've yet to know one person (other than people from the States) that supported McCain. The entire world is in disarray because of bad politics. Lots of people have died because of war and intervention and there's just no excuse for that.

I'm real happy and for once, I really expect global things to turn around for the best. After all, the world is not just one country, it's all of us :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home