Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Inconsequential...but Interesting

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Saturday, November 01, 2008

Inconsequential...but Interesting

Did everyone have a nice Halloween? Eat lots and lots of candy? I had all of ten kids this year. I thought we would only have seven, but we had a last minute flurry about 9:00. Needless to say, I don't usually have t0 buy very much candy.

I don't have anything earthshattering to talk about today, so let me just state that I've noticed something interesting in that the Word Verification letters that we all must unscramble in order to make a comment on a blog have actually been a whole lot less...random lately. It used to be that they were complete gibberish, on the order of "zmgetlwplb" or something of that nature. In the last couple of weeks, I've noticed that they actually seem to have vowels in the right places. They still don't spell out actual words, but they are at least pronouncable, which is different.

I notice strange things sometimes.

Only a few more days to go until the election, and we can all get our sanity back. I can hardly wait. No more attack ads, no more insults, no more lawn signs...it will be heaven.

I can't believe that it is November already. This means that the Christmas decorations will be going up in the stores and instead of political ads, we'll have Christmas ads. On the other hand, Thanksgiving is this month, and I LOVE Thanksgiving. I think it is my favorite holiday, because really, it all comes down to sitting down with your loved ones and making a pig of yourself...and seriously, what can be more fun than that?

On a completely unconnected note, we managed to get through the summer without a SINGLE bat in the house! I assure you, that this is unprecedented. One year, I had three in a singe day! My house is over 150 years old, and they always seemed to find a way in...through a hole in the screen in the basement, down the chimney...something. I usually just closed off the doors, got out my trusty broom, and gave the poor thing a hearty "whack" as it circled the room. Bats aren't particularly large, but when they are flying around your dining room, they look about the same size as a condor. Once I've stunned it with the broom, I clamp an old coffee can over the critter, and slide a piece of cardboard underneath and then take it outside and let it go. But this year, we somehow managed to keep everything closed up, or else the bat's hearts weren't in it, because not a single one. This is a GOOD thing, although my boys were disappointed. They always wante to train them to go flying out the front door at Halloween and scare the trick-or-treaters.

I'll just stop babbling now and go make lunch.

7 Comments:

At 1:15 AM, Blogger K. D. Bryan said...

Funny coincidence - I like to amuse myself by pretending that every one of those random letter word choices is actually the name of an alien Green Lantern. Today's alien GL is "Feishums", which sounds like the champion of some sort of adorable fern/cat hybrid race.

You are not the only one to notice strange things, obviously. :)

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

They do make some rather interesting little words don't they? I never thought of using them as Green Lantern names, but some of them would be perfect!

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Christian Zamora said...

I just got rid of the random words in my blog, until I start getting robot spam, then I'll set it up again, lol. I'm waiting to see how long does it take for them to appear. Will they even notice I exist? I really hope so :)

As for the Halloween party, I wanted to go to one of the discos where there were some Halloween shows (I haven't been in one in ages), but a friend of mine was celebrating her birthday, so I rather set up a party at home for her.

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger Baal said...

I've long thought you should be forced to write a fantasy or sci-fi story and only use word verification words to name the characters...

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger Baal said...

Oh! I meant the universal you, not you you. I wouldn't force you to do anything except maybe post on Sundays. I mean you you, not the universal you...

My head hurts...

 
At 6:45 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Oh Baal, I do need ONE day off!

 
At 11:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, those bats in your house are clearly a sign. Criminals are a cowardly and superstitious lot...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home