Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: So...I hear there's a Movie coming Out

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Monday, October 27, 2008

So...I hear there's a Movie coming Out

A Green Lantern movie is apparently in the works. It has Hal Jordan as the main character, which pleases me to no end. I LIKE John Stewart, but even though he may be familiar to a lot of people through the cartoon, Hal will always be the REAL Green Lantern to me. No matter WHAT Guy says. And I like Alan Scott too, but let's face it, he'd be perfect in a Justice Society Movie. Can't you see a Justice Society Movie, with Alan, Jay, Ted Grant, and Hawkman? It would be seven shades of awesomeness.

I'd obviously kill for a Green Lanten movie that starred Guy Gardner, but even I'M not demented enough to think that it would necessarily happen. I would be thrilled to my marrow if he and Kyle and John were to show up in the aforesaid movie however.

There have been any number of names bandied back and forth, about who would be the best actor to play Hal. Frankly, I'm old, and I don't even recognize half of these young men. David Boreanz I know, because I watch "Bones".

But I was watching "House" the other night, and it suddenly occured to me that Wilson would be PERFECT for Hal! Or rather, Robert Sean Leonard, the actor who portrays Wilson. He's got the HAIR! And the big soulful brown eyes! And he's....he's pretty! He's a little too nurturing in his role as Wilson obviously, he could borrow a little of House's arrogance to portray Hal. But he's also perfect in his obsession with wanting what he doesn't have...only to disdain it, once he's achieved possession of it. That's Hal to a "T".

Who would YOU cast as Hal Jordan? Be Creative!

13 Comments:

At 9:18 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

David Boreanz did Hal's voice in New Frontier. At one time, I would've thought he'd be perfect for Hal, but I think he's a bit too old now. That, and his characters are usually a bit too angsty.

Most of the actors I can think of for Hal are either too old or too baby-faced. I'd be perfectly happy with an unknown. After all, how many people knew who the heck Christopher Reeve was before he did Superman? And few people outside of rabid film fans knew who Christian Bale was before he was Batman.

Oh, and can you just SEE the other Earth Lanterns in cameos? :-) I've been carrying around this mental image of movie John and movie Kyle working together in an office at an architectural design firm -- when all of a sudden, Hal comes crashing in through one window (due to a fight he's in) and crashing out through another. Kyle says something about how being a Green Lantern would be "really cool," and John makes some snarky remark about Hal: "How could anyone give a power ring to that idiot?" ;-) Hee, hee!

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger Shana Jean Hausman said...

My friend and I discussed this a while ago, and since then I've been convinced that Nathan Fillion would be a perfect Hal.

I mean, just think about it! No matter whether you go with yellow-brick-to-the-head Hal Jordan or actually-kind-of-smart Hal Jordan, he'd be perfect!

And he's really good-looking.

 
At 11:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They can't do a movie around Guy Gardner; Moe Howard is dead.

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger Brandon Bragg said...

Bryan Cranston of MALCOM IN THE MIDDLE fame.

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger notintheface said...

I always thought Ben Browder from Farscape would make an excellent Guy Gardner.

 
At 7:23 PM, Blogger FoldedSoup said...

I completely agree that Firefly's Nathan Fillion would be perfect as Hal. But I also think Gina Torres should be Wonder Woman.

Tell me she shouldn't. Really.

 
At 2:53 AM, Blogger Saranga said...

Ugh, I hate David Boreanz. But that's mostly because of Angel, (lame character, lame show until they brought Spike in).

Now Nathan Fillion, he would work.

 
At 5:46 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Ha! Well, anyone who's watched Firefly knows that Nathan DOES have a great butt. ;-)

 
At 7:26 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

This Nathan Fillion person has been brought up frequently. I blush to admit that I don't even know who he IS! But if he has a great butt, then I'll go with it.

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger Saranga said...

Oh SallyP, get theeself to the video store and rent out Firefly or Serenity. Nathan Fillion is the Captain.

Or rent out Buffy season 7. Nathan Fillion is the evil preacher guy. But he's less hot in that. mostly due to the homocidal hating woman tendancies.

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger Christian Zamora said...

I've also seen a little info about this upcoming movie, along with some sketches and stuff. To say that I'm wowed would be an understatement. I always wanted a Green Lantern movie and I think I'm finally going to get it.

Of course, a Flash movie would be even better, but since it's not in the horizon (well, the excecs keep saying they will next 2009, I still doubt it.

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Sweet Merciful Crap! I just saw pictures of this Nathan Fillion person over at Sea's site, and he's...he's gorgeous.

Now I see what all the foofraw has been about.

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger Shana Jean said...

He is indeed gorgeous...but that's not even all! You really have to see Firefly (Or Dr Horrible's sing along blog which you can see for free! http://drhorrible.com/mushortio.html!) and you'll see. He's got this great sort of manly swagger almost that's just very, very Hal.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home