Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Almost There

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Monday, December 10, 2007

Almost There

Only two more days until Wednesday. The excitement is palpable. I'm not this happy over Christmas for heaven's sake.

Yes, on December 12, we'll get the final chapter of the Sinestro Corps War, in Green Lantern #25. And just for fun, they are throwing in an Ion Special issue AND Green Lantern Corps #19, which has Ice on the cover. I plan to be very very careful for the next couple of days, and pray that I'm not struck by lightning, have a tree limb fall on me, or slip on the sidewalk. DO NOT get in front of me on Wednesday, on the way to the Comic Book Store, because I will simply mow you down.

I understand that there are a number of other rather interesting books coming out as well, such as Booster Gold, which just adds to the fun. I thought that November had a plethora of fabulous books, but I'm beginning to think that December is shaping up to be just as good.

Sometimes, it is too easy to get cynical, and focus on the bad things about our beloved hobby...or obsession, depending upon whom you are talking to. I try to be upbeat, I usually only get the books that I like, which makes it a whole lot easier to BE upbeat. But sometimes, you get discouraged and it really does feel better to rant a little and get it off of your chest. I'll admit to my share of shamefaced fangirl entitlement as well. There is not reason why a writer or artist should be constrained to produce a book to fit MY desires, and yet...and yet it is hard sometimes not to want it to be that way.

But, with my favorite books lately, I find that I have nothing to carp about when it comes to catering to my wishes. The Green Lantern books have been simply sensational, so has Blue Beetle and Booster Gold and Justice Society, and Birds of Prey, and now Wonder Woman, and many many more.

So here's a little treat. Two of my favorite boys...and they aren't even fighting.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

*sigh*

2 Comments:

At 2:56 PM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Awwww, that's sweet. :-)

Thank goodness Guy's boots aren't that big anymore, though. ;-)

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Those boots really were ridiculous. You know the story where Wally Wood kept making Power Girl's breasts bigger and bigger? I think there was a similar conspiracy going on with regards to Guy's boots. I never was quite sure how he managed to even WALK in the darn things.

Still...probably beats a 4" stiletto heel.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home