Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Another Silly Post

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Another Silly Post

A while back, I had posted a completely ridiculous post about the enormous numbers of blue-eyed/blond-haired superheroes, and blue-eyed and black-haired superheroes. There was a disturbing lack of BROWN-haired people, not to mention brown-EYED people, so Hal Jordan was something of a rarity.

There aren't too many red-heads either. Why is that? I LIKE red-heads!

There do seem to be a lot of female red-heads, and they are all enormously HAWT! Look at MJ, Jean Grey, Medusa, Hellcat and the Black Widow. Wait, do they have any hot redheaded women at DC? There's Cyclone and Ma Hunkel and Misfit off the top of my head, but with apologies, they aren't nearly as hot as the Marvel girls.

However, Marvel seems to only like redeaded GIRLS. The only guy that I can think of, is Daredevil, although I'm sure that there must be more out there somewhere.

DC however does shine when it comes to redheaded guys. And speaking of GUYS, there is always Guy Gardner. There's Roy Harper and Wally West too. I've always thought that it was interesting that the latter two, were sidekicks for blond heroes. It's as though they had to have different haircolor to make sure that nobody got them mixed up.

Who else? Well Ted Kord had dark red hair, which I've always found ridiculously attractive. There's Archie of course. And I think that Midnighter has sandy hair. I do find it interesting that with the exception of Archie, whom I despise (I'm a Reggie fan) they are all remarkably INTERESTING characters. And by that, I mean that they aren't nauseatingly heroic and pure and noble all of the time. They have their silly or cranky moments as well. In the case of Guy, often at the same time.

I'm not sure where this is all leading, or what conclusions I can draw from this. Just that I like red-heads, I guess. Can anybody think of anyone that I've missed?

14 Comments:

At 8:45 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Lana Lang! :-)

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger FoldedSoup said...

Red-Heads of the world, Unite!

 
At 9:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Ray!

 
At 11:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Batwoman's a redhead, and the Question has brown hair/brown eyes... Mary Marvel has brown hair. Grace of the Outsiders has red hair. Owen Mercer (Captain Boomerang II) has brown hair. Bart had brown hair before being dead. Ragman, to go in to the obscure characters currently in books (Shadowpact), has brown hair, and I'm pretty certain brown eyes. Oh, and then there are villains like Giganta and Poison Ivy who have red hair.

That's all I got. Marvel really has this one cornered.

 
At 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um... Wasn't Barbara Gordon's red hair a plot point once?

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger Patrick C said...

How has nobody mentioned THE red-headed comic character on which all others are pale imitations?

Jimmy Freakin' Olsen!!!

(Also Matt "Red" Ryan of the Challengers of the Unknown)

 
At 5:41 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Oh, geez, I can't believe I forgot about Barbara Gordon and Jimmy Olsen. :-\ There's also Maxima. And isn't/wasn't Orion a redhead?

 
At 6:48 AM, Blogger Will Staples said...

There's "Red" Ryan from the Challengers of the Unknown.

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

I can't believe I forgot Barbara Gordon and Jimmie Olsen. I am an idiot.

Sea, I'm not so sure about Lana Lang. I considered her, but in a lot of books,she seems to have brown hair. On the other hand, Carter Hall used to have black hair, and then he had brown hair, so who the hell knows?

Soup's a Red-Head! Huzzah!

The Ray? I don't think I've seen him with his head-thingie off, so I'll have to take your word for it.


Yes, I'd forgotten about the new Batwoman too. Although I think that Grace has more of an auburn or chestnut for hair color. But definitely for Poison Ivy.

Forgot about Orion and Maxima too.
I'm a double idiot.

Will, I'll take your word for it.

Guy still has the best hair though.

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger CalvinPitt said...

I'll second that the Ray is a redhead. Oh, and Ralph Dibny. I know he's dead now, but he was a readhed.

On the Marvel side, there's Flash Thompson and the villain Arcade. Oh Arcade, you're so goofy and murderous. Oh, and Rick Sheridan, the guy who's the host body for Sleepwalker, he's a redhead!

She's another attractive lady, but Siryn, from X-Factor, and her father Banshee were both sporting the red hair. Is Jessica Jones a redhead? The coloring of New Avengers' artwork is so muddy looking I can't really tell.

 
At 6:15 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Oh Calvin, you are good. I completely forgot about Ralph, which was quite terrible of me.

I think Jessica's hair is supposed to be brown, but as you say, the coloring can be a bit on the muddy side.

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger Matt said...

I noticed the same thing when I was much younger. Having gone through the "Official Handbook for the Marvel Universe" the first person to actually have brown hair and brown eyes was.... DOCTOR DOOM.

Spider-Man has "hazel" eyes and brown hair, but that's all that really sticks with me that I noticed at the time.

 
At 12:13 AM, Blogger Ami Angelwings said...

XD

I've noticed that toooo :o

Tho I've noticed that blonde/blue women are more common than blonde men, and black/dark haired men are very common. :\

Esp in girls :o

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Oh crappity crap. I forgot Jonah Hex...and I'm sure he would hate to be forgotten.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home