Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Well, Dip Me in Honey!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Saturday, December 08, 2007

Well, Dip Me in Honey!

I may actually have to go out and buy Incredible Hulk #111. I've been a bit gun-shy of Marvel lately, so I haven't been keeping up with the whole Hulk Smash Manhattan thing going on. Granted, it WOULD be nice to see Tony Stark get beaten up, but I keep telling myself that I'm more mature than that.

However...!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Gosh, but Hercules looks fabulous! I've always been rather fond of Hercules, at least the Marvel version. Yes, he was a bit of a dim bulb, but darn it, he was an AMUSING dim bulb. AND, he managed to get Galactus drunk. But he looks awfully pretty here.

Apparently, the old Champions have teamed up with Amadeus Cho to help out the Hulk, or at least get innocent bystanders to safety. Funny, I thought that was SUCH a big deal during Civil War? Property damage and harm to innocent civilians was why superheroes were BAD! Except apparently when it is the Government sanctioned heroes who are inflicting the aforesaid property damage and harm...then it's just fine and dandy!

I also got a chuckle out of this....

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Hee hee! They make such a cute couple!

Wow. Here I am approving of a recent Marvel book. I...I feel faint. Perhaps I had better go and lie down somewhere.

5 Comments:

At 6:59 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Maybe we're headed for another "see-saw" -- you know, when Marvel sucks while DC is good, or DC sucks while Marvel is good. It seems like there's never a happy medium between the two companies. They're almost never "good" at the same time. :-(

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Well, lately, Marvel has sucked eggs. Which is why I'm so surprised anymore when I find something that I DO like.

On the other hand, I am counting the days until this Wednesday, when Green Lantern 25 comes out, along with Ion, and GLC #19. I'm praying that I don't get struck by lightning or have a heart attack or anything.

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Oooooh, yes! I am SO EAGER for a major smackdown between Hal and Sinestro. Major grudge match! Not like Prime and Yat (who hardly knew each other, anyway -- no real history there). Grrrrrrrrr -- Go get 'im, Hal!

I'd also like to see Ganthet and Sayd lay a smackdown on the other Guardians, but I don't think it's gonna happen.

Geez, I gotta watch it -- I'm sounding downright bloodthirsty here!

Think I'll go grab me a steak or something ...

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger CalvinPitt said...

I like Namora. Not as much as I did her daughter Namorita, but since Nita's still dead from being exploded, I'll take Namora in the meantime. I would like Nita to return, so they could meet some time. I think that would be sweet, if a little confused at first.

Nita: 'I thought you were dead!'
Namora: 'I thought YOU were dead!'

On a separate note, I think Marvel has several pretty good books, it's just the core Marvel stuff is bad. I've enjoyed comics more has over the last year or so by sticking to comics that stay on the fringes, and so aren't all that tied into House of M/Civil War/Initiative/Messiah Complex stuff. Probably those books have more freedom to do what they want, and I'd imagine that helps.

I figure Marvel comics has their albatrosses, and DC has at least one (Countdown) of its own. Then again, that seems to be the stuff that sells, so I guess I'm atypical in that regard.

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

I know Calvin, Marvel does have some good books. It's just that I read SO many for SO long, and then they had Civil War...and it all went to pot.

Or maybe I'm just getting crabby in my old age.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home