Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Frank Miller and Hal

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Thursday, December 06, 2007

Frank Miller and Hal

Just for the record, I have NOT read ASBAR. I bought one copy way back when, and found it to be just....bizarre. To date, I'm STILL not quite sure if he's being serious, or just having a huge laugh at all of our expenses.

But apparently, in the latest issue of All-Star Batman & Robin, Hal Jordan shows up. Batman is not impressed. To be blunt, he thinks that Hal is a moron. In fact he calls him that, or at least THINKS that. To be fair, I believe that Batman thinks that about EVERYONE, at least this "Goddamned" version of Batman.

Here's Hal.

Hal Pictures

Now, frankly, I think that's just adorable. The hotdog in particular, is a nice touch. It really is quite rude of GoddamnedBatman to say that he's "...seen more intelligent Hockey pucks." Granted, Hal isn't the brightest crayon in the box, but that's just part of his charm.

GoddamnedBatman is also very very jealous that Hal has that wonderful ring of his. "What an idiot. The THINGS that I'd do with a power like that." And so on and so forth. All of which makes me VERY glad that GoddamnedBatman DOESN'T have a Power Ring. He's crazy enough as it is.

So, anyway, on a tangent I managed to find a MEGO version of Hal at my beloved local Comic Book Store yesturday, and snatched it up. I've been on a bit of a tear lately, when it comes to finding cool action figures of Hal!

So, without further ado...!

Hal Pictures

Oh, if only, I had a GoddamnedBatman figure to go with it!

11 Comments:

At 10:49 AM, Blogger ShellyS said...

That is so cool. Maybe it'll start a whole trend of recreating comics panels with action figures!

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger FoldedSoup said...

That's Goddamn adorable.

 
At 6:13 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Hee hee! And he's so...poseable!

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger Dwayne "the canoe guy" said...

What a weiner!!!

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger Jeff said...

I really wish DC did What Ifs...

I'd love to see a "What If Batman did join the Sinestro Corps?"

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger Rich said...

The figure is one thing, but where did the hot dog come from?

Hilarious, btw.

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Barbie accessories are PERFECT for action figures, Rich. And they're so much fun to stage.

heh heh.

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger ShellyS said...

Barbies are 12-inch figures, so the accessories won't work on the average action figure that's 6-7 inches tall. I use 1 inch to 1 foot dollhouse miniatures for those.

I thought the hotdog looked like the charms we used to get from the giant gumball machines when I was a kid. They were one of many such charms in gumball type machines when I was a kid and cost 25 cents. I had a few and because they were the right size, I used them with my Barbies.

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

The dollhouse pieces do work very nicely. But in some instances, Barbie accessories are ok, considering that they are a bit on the SMALL side for an 11.5" doll. They DO work great for Megos however.

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger ShellyS said...

I don't have any of the larger action figures. Just a few actual Barbies. One inch scale dollhouse items are a bit small for the average 6-7 inch action figure, but very workable. Lately, I've been trying to redress them. The Hawaiian shirts I've been able to get work very well. Ra's al Ghul in an Hawaiian shirt! heh

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger Ami Angelwings said...

Goddamn Batman would get a yellow Sinestro Corps ring xD And he'd single handedly beat up all the male GLs while smexing the female ones (that's right WHILE). xD

 

Post a Comment

<< Home