Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Thirteen Inches of Pure Manliness

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Friday, November 30, 2007

Thirteen Inches of Pure Manliness

Hoohah! I'll bet you all thought that I was going to do a review of Green Lantern Corps #18. Well, I'll get to it, but Sea's Comic Book Store didn't get their delivery yesturday, so I have to give her time to read it.

But anyway, I go into my beloved CBS, and as I am perusing the shelves, notice that Matt, my equally beloved Comic Book Store Owner has some new statues inside the glass display cases. However, a giant plastic Hal Jordan has fallen down inside the case. Yes...he did land on his head. We snickered about that, believe me. He also fell down right on top of a very nice Wonder Woman bust...and we snickered about THAT too! So, Matt opens the case and is putting Hal back, and I ask him how much, and he replies..."For you...10 bucks".

And that is how I came into possession of a rather cool 13" tall plastic Hal Jordan figure. It isn't very poseable, and the mark on his foot says 1999. I don't know If I've gotten a bargain or what, but I don't care. He's adorable! Oh, if only they made ALL the Green Lanterns in this size!

Of course what I REALLY want is one of those gorgeous figures from DC, with the real cloth costumes, but those things cost a ridiculous amount of money, and I've got kids in college for heaven's sake.

4 Comments:

At 9:34 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Don't let me hold you back, Sally! I may not make it back to the comic store until Sunday, and some of us rely on your reviews to keep me updated when we CAN'T get our comics!

I appreciate the thought, though. ;-)

PHOTOS!!! NEED PHOTOS OF HAL STATUE!!!

-- Sea

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Oops -- I meant to say, some of us rely on your reviews to keep US updated when we can't get our comics.

Geez, what a self-centered boo-boo on my part. :-\ That, and my head still hurts from yesterday.

Hey ...! Self-centered ... head hurts ... Why, I'd make a GREAT Green Lantern! :-D

-- Sea

 
At 11:47 PM, Blogger captain koma said...

Lin told me you did reviews of comics. I was waiting for some and here I see you playing around with penis jokes.

I'm impressed.

Will check you out again.

Captain Koma - Evil Genius.

 
At 7:15 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Sea, consider it done and done!

And my dear Captain, I don't ALWAYS go for the cheap joke. There will be reviews...I promise! In the meantime, I'm gonna milk this puppy dry!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home