Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: A rather Small Haul

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Thursday, November 08, 2007

A rather Small Haul

A bit of a slow week for me. It is to be hoped that next week will be better. Of course it is killing me, that I have to wait until the LAST week of November for GLC#18, but I'm doing my best to be patient.

I did pick up Astonishing X-Men #23, and darn it, it was pretty good. It does take a little while to remember what actually happened in the last issue, since it has been a goodish while, but as I recall, Cyclop's lifeless body was floating in space. Guess what? He's not dead! While I wasn't particularly surprised by this, there was a genuine "Holy Crap!" moment at the end, which was nice.

I did giggle over Aaron Stack over in Ms. Marvel. I blush to admit that I flipped through it surreptitiously at the Comic Book store, ONLY in order to see Machine Man. His new body was...interesting!

New Avengers: Illuminati made me laugh out loud...but not necessarily in a good way. More of in a "Oh for cryin' out loud!" sort of way. I hate to spoil this, but apparently, Black Bolt was really...A...SKRULL! Dr. Strange is oddly ineffective, Xavier can't read his mind, and Tony Stark is busy whining through the whole thing. Reed is the ONLY one who wonders (briefly) what happened to the REAL Black Bolt, and as usual Namor is the only efficient and intelligent one in the whole bunch.

Speaking of which, how do they have time to come and hang out together and stare at Skrull Electra's body, when they are supposed to be beating each other up in Atlantis? Is that whole Hulk thing still going on?

No matter how bad Tony Stark acts, he will NEVER be as badass as Dr. Doom. He has all this power now, and all he's doing is crying about Cap, and angsting. Dr. Doom NEVER angsts! Ok, he may soliloquize a bit, but that's a totally different thing.

Marvel has me a bit confused at the moment. With everything coming out late, different story lines seem to be going on simultaneously, and very little of it makes sense. Of course, I suppose that the same thing can be said for Countdown. The heck with it, I'm looking forward to reading "Thor" next week. It has nothing to DO with Civil War, or Hulk or anything else.

Well, that wraps up my incoherent ramblings for another day. And I thought I'd post this too. No reason, other than it makes me laugh and laugh.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

*snicker*

5 Comments:

At 9:47 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

I want Marvel to produce another Great Lakes Avengers series! Heck, I'll settle for a one-shot at this point!

 
At 10:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well so Black Bolt is really a skrull...
What a surprise... (I fear this skrullmania more and more as time goes...)
Tony Stark is Supergirl, your read comics A and comics B and C and he doesn't act the same as he was a different person. (but I like Brubacker's Stark in Captain America and Ellis's)
I am with Sea of green, a strictly fun serie will be a bliss, a GLA or another Ellis's Nextwave (are the Deadpool in Cable and Deadpool any good?)
Well an intended fun series ^^.

N.

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger Nate said...

Is that Hal-on-Guy action?

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger FoldedSoup said...

Oh, Pat Broderick. I'd forgotten how much I cannot stand your artwork...

(that's probably just me, though)

(And yes, I know he did Lords of the Ultra-Realm. I'm sticking to my guns.)

 
At 7:13 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

A GLA series would be very nice. Can I admit that I would KILL for another Damage Control series by McDuffie? Those were hilarious!

Gyuss, It certainly does look that way. Also note the rather...suggestive..way that that the sheriff if holding his baton.

Heh.

And yes, Soup, Broderick's artwork was pretty dreadful. Fortunately he was replaced by Joe Staton, whom I adore.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home