Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Halloween and Comics

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween and Comics

Two tastes that go great together! Just don't get chocolate on your comics books. Since I live in the so-called "Historical" section of my town, (or as I like to refer to it, the "Hysterical" section) we don't have a lot of little kids around. So, I only get about a dozen or so every year for trick or treating. I don't mind. I buy the good stuff, and finish it off myself. GOD, I love Three Musketeers bars! And that kind with the toffee and chocolate...is that a Heath bar?

Anyway....so I'm trying to find the scariest thing possible for a Halloween post. I think I've hit the nail on the head.

THIS is quite terrifying.

guy and mouse

Oh, the horror!

6 Comments:

At 1:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha I have heard of the "good" Guy. Quite frightening indeed.

Sally can you told me in which issues does it start acting like this? I will try to read it.

n.

 
At 7:10 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

This was part of a rather hilarious story from a Giant Sized JLA annual, or "80-page Giant"! It was issued in 1998, I think. It had a lot of other short stories, and this one is actually a flashback story, that helps flesh out what happened to Guy after he was punched by Batman,and bonked his head on the computer console. It involves Blue Beetle creating a better mousetrap, Booster's fear of Wharf Rats, and Oreos.

Fabulous stuff.

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger googum said...

One of my oldest son's favorite comics. Neat!

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger CalvinPitt said...

What is that little strip on Beetle's nose, just below the black line of his mask?

I could swear it's one of those Breathe-Rite strips you see football players wearing. If it is, I think that would be hilarious.

 
At 6:40 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Heh heh. Actually, it's a bandaid. This whole thing started because Beetle and Booster are trying to catch a mouse. Being Beetle, he put mousetraps inside of J'onn's Oreo package. Naturally enough, J'onn was NOT amused, and attached said mousetrap to Beetle's nose.

God, I miss stuff like this.

 
At 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God, I wish I had read this stories...

I will find this, I must find this !! thanks to you !!

The first time I heard of Blue Beetle he was shot in the head in the end of the story !!!

n.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home