Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Random Blathering

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Monday, November 05, 2007

Random Blathering

Good golly here we are, on a beautiful Monday morning! I can honestly say that I don't have a CLUE about what to write about today, but I've never let that stop me before.

Kalinara has come to the inevitable conclusion over at "Pretty Fizzy Paradise" that the whole "For Men Only! No creepy Girls!" banner on Wizard, was probably just a very very bad joke that fell completely flat. It's pretty sad really,when you come up with an idea, that probably went over great at the Editorial Meeting, but went completely south, when actually exposed to the world. NOBODY got it. As she points out, probably because it was just so believable.

*sigh*

So...has everybody been reading the Sinestro Corps War like good boys and girls? Great stuff. Except that it is going to be several weeks before the GLC book comes out, and the finale doesn't come out till Dec. 12th, and I'm starting to go through withdrawal...and it AIN'T PRETTY!

I have also been reading Countdown quite faithfully since the beginning. It's been...ok, I guess. I don't like what they are doing to poor Mary, but Piper and Trickster have been modestly amusing. And while it is always nice to see Kyle, I really would like a large anvil to fall on Jason Todd.

However, with all the hoohah going on with the Monitors, what I don't understand, is that they have completely missed the fact that the ANTI-MONITOR is running amuck over in the Sinestro Corps stuff!!!! One would think that perhaps they might find this little bit of information to be slightly more important than chasing after "Bob",Kyle, Donna and Jason. The only conclusion that I can come to, is that the Monitors are even MORE stupid than the Guardians! And that takes some doing.

Does anybody but me think that if Marvel had a Justice Society, there would never have been a need for "Civil War"? Basically the Marvel Universe has turned into "Kingdom Come".

Is Tony Stark really a Skrull? Do I even care anymore? Oh, and by the way, how did that whole "Hulk beats up everybody" cross-over come out? Wouldn't it have been nice if the X-Men actually showed up in time to save somebody once in a while? And Namor's long-lost son is ALMOST as bratty as Superbrat Prime. That's why I like Wildcat's kid so much. Long-lost son, who turned out to be pretty well adjusted, and turns out to like his old man without being obsessed or crazy.

And finally:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Oddly enough, that is NOT Hal! It's Guy! ALL Green Lanterns have fabulous behinds!

7 Comments:

At 9:08 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

>ALL Green Lanterns have fabulous behinds!<

Even Kilowog. ;-)

What about Salaak, though? To paraphrase cover artist P. Velikan, "He got no butt!"

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger Nate said...

The Sinestro Corp war is the best big story going on out there.

I've enjoyed WW Hulk, but it's really time for us to get some closure from it.

..and Countdown..well, I'm still pulling it every week, but that's not saying alot.

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Sea, I imagine that Salakk is flat from his shoulders to his heels. But he does have four arms, and that does seem to make him popular with android women.

Yes, the Sinestro Corps War IS fantastic, and yes, I feel about the same way as you about Countdown. I keep waiting for something to actually happen.

 
At 2:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sally.

You 're right about the Anti monitor.... Grrr I miss this one, but in fact it makes me realize that I don't care at all about Countdown... there are so many mistakes in the books themselves.

Just recently the panel with the big picture of the monitor council... there must be not 51 but at least 60 or 70 monitors...

Well Marvel told that Iron Man is assurely not a Skrull, and that if they revealed that Stark was a skrull it would be insulting for the Civil War readers.

I am quite sceptical about all the Skrull frenzy coming anyway... well we'll see.

What are you alluding with salaak popular with android women? you picked my curiosity !!

n.

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Nicodemus, read issues 4 and 5 from Green Lantern Corps, where Guy is on vacation, and being chased by Bolphunga the Unrelenting, and there are android Tiger girrrlzzz, and...well...just read them. They're a hoot.

 
At 12:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol I read them but I had forgotten, read 4 or 5 issues of the corps being ill so... all is... don't remember in fact must take it again from a friend. (was planned already as I didn't remeber well the Ranx part from Sinestro war)

 
At 6:57 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Actually the funniest part with Salakk is in the issue where he keeps wandering around with a flower in his hand, and telling Kilowog to "relax". He did eventually get back to his old curmudeonly self eventually.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home