Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: September Solicits

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

September Solicits

I don't usually start drooling this far ahead of things, but I saw the DC covers for September up on Comic Book Resources, and I must admit that there looks to be some interesting things in store.

Firstly, this just fills me with unholy glee.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Boy, I do miss Hitman, it was loud and violent and rude, but also quite hysterically funny.

This also looks like it is going to be delightful.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I've been really enjoying Blue Beetle as of late...even though I still miss Ted.

Speaking of Ted, I'm sure that he'll be showing up sooner or later, but in the meantime, Booster has a little run in with...

Booster Gold

Sinestro! Oh it just keeps getting better and better!

But now to get serious. All sorts of things are going on with my beloved Green Lanterns. THIS is one heck of a cover!
< Hal Pictures

Nice homage thing going on there, Mr. Reis! Hal Jordan, the King of Bling.

This is a little startling:
< Green Lanterns

Who the heck is that with Arisia and Salakk? I GUESS it may be Sodom Yat, or whatever his name may be, but for a minute I thought it was Kyle. Poor Arisia still hasn't found a costume that actually fits her yet, I see. What...no Guy on the cover?

This makes me VERY intrigued.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Nice to see Kyle again. Although there are these rumors about Kyle and Parallax that are making me rather nervous. On the other hand, I suppose that it is DC's job to MAKE me nervous, and therefore desperate to buy their books. It's working, it's working!

This looks to be good old-fashioned action.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Gosh, I love this book. Hope Zinda is back by now.

And finally, this is almost too cute for words.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I know, there's a whole lot more, but these are some of my favorites. We are going to have Gail Simone on Wonder Woman, Dwayne McDuffie on JLA, all sorts of stuff going on with Green Lanterns and Sinestro, a new Booster Gold book, and Mark Waid on Flash. I'm just BRIMMING with optimism.

6 Comments:

At 8:59 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Oooooooh!!!! Gimme, gimme, GIMME!

I reckon Arisia's uniform is being held up via ring power. ;-)

I LOVE the way Ivan Reis draws Hal. He is the king of Green Lantern butts and gritted teeth.;-)

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger FoldedSoup said...

Looks like a great month for you ... there definately were a lot of GL books!

And I'm all over that Hitman one.

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger Derek said...

It does look like it's going to be a great month, doesn't it?

And should I be concerned by how excited I am about all the Black Canary/Green Arrow wedding tie-ins?

I honestly don't care much about the wedding itself (taking Dinah away from the Birds... grrr...) but the tie-ins look really entertaining. I love groups of superheroes getting together to celebrate and just relax with one another.

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Yes, Ivan Reis is magnificent...and he draws GL butts like nobody's business.

I'm SO thrilled by the Hitman book that I could plotz. I still think that "Zombie Night at the Gotham Aquarium" is the best cover and story ever.

September is Always a good month. The leaves start to turn, they start to make cider, and the kids go back to school. And it's chockful of comicbook goodness! I too am looking forward to the Dinah and Ollie marriage, because I'm such an old softie. I want Lian and Sin to be Flower Girls!

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger Matthew E said...

Don't forget Legion of Super-Heroes in the 31st Century #6, featuring a 31st-century Green Lantern Corps. The cover, if you check it out, prominently features a red-haired... girl, I guess you'd have to call her, in this comic... in a GL uniform.

I originally thought she was Celeste, a character from way back in Legion history, so I asked writer J. Torres about her, and he said she was a new character named Jordana Gardner. So there you go.

 
At 5:54 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Hey Matthew, I haven't seen that! I'll have to look it up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home