Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Two, two, two posts in one!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Two, two, two posts in one!

First off, thanks to Diamondrock, it is once again Thursday Night Thinkers! This is rather tough for me, since my favorite characters are more of the "hit first, think later" persuasion. However, I think (haw!) that I've come up with a possible candidate for this evening's entry.

JLA

Oh that Superman! What a card!


Secondly, Kalinara has a meme going around. She asks five questions, and I must answer. And I must say, that I think she put some extra-special effort into my questions!

1. "If you could slap one hero or villain in the DCU, who would you slap, and why?"

Why this is a deam come true! Hal Jordan of course. I FREQUENTLY want to slap Hal...it's not because I don't love him, because I do, but he's just so damned annoying sometimes! I'm STILL pissed that he conned Guy into following him to Biot after lying to him, and then stood there like a stump and didn't say a word while Guy covered for him with the Guardians, and then took off, and left Guy to face punishment in his place! So, a heft SLAP right across the kisser to Hal.

2. "Which hero would you least trust babysitting your kids?"

Kyle. Hands down. I don't think that Hal would be any great shakes either, but Kyle would probably start drawing and forget that they were there, and they'd start rooting under the sink and drinking all the cleaning liquid or something. Or he'd take them to the zoo, and let them play with the nice tigers. Kyle's sweet, and he'd be sorry, but he does have this rather...irresponsible side to him.

3. "If Barry and Ice teamed up, would the resulting overdose of niceness kill most of the DCU, or just Guy Gardner?"

Man, this is a tough one. Barry and Ice together could give Mary Marvel a case of diabetes. Even Superman would be getting queasy. Guy would have to go to Oa and not come back until it was safe. Batman's head would probably explode. On the other hand, they'd make the various villains so overcome by all the niceness, that they'd be easy pickings for the rest of the Justice Society, or League or Titans or whatever. And then ice-cream sudaes for ALL!

4. "If you could borrow Alfred ofr a day, what would you have him do?"

Why, we would polish up the silver, bake scones and have a FABULOUS Tea Party in the parlor...or possibly out in the gazebo. And he'd tell me all the juicy Bat gossip.

5. "Guy Gardner; great Lantern or GREATEST Lantern?

Oh Kalinara, my dear...do you even have to ask? GREATEST Lantern of course! Put THAT in your pipe and smoke it Hal! Guy just helped save MOGO for cryin' out loud! And did it with style.

8 Comments:

At 9:53 AM, Blogger FoldedSoup said...

Is there any way we can work Starman into that scene so we can get "Rubbed the Wrong way!" and "Rod" in the same sentence?

Wow. I ashamed myself, there...

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Awww, nice opening panel there with Hal, Ollie, Dinah, and Barry all together.

Much as I've always liked the guy (sorry, Sally, 'cause I know you aren't fond of him), the superhero I would smack across the face given half a chance would be Bats. Granted, his attitude has been improving lately, but he spent way too much time during the last 20 years or so being a royal pain in the butt. Sure, the guy went through a rather tough period of time there, but so did a lot of other heroes who didn't end up copping the foul attitude that Bats adopted.

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger Marc Burkhardt said...

Hey, I remember that JLA issue!

By the way Sally, would you care to interview me?

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Hey, Sally, just FYI, I took a quick looksee through my own collection for instances of Barry clocking Hal. I didn't find any of BARRY, specifically, doing the job, but GLv3 #40 has an instance that comes close. First, the "Flash" shoots every single Rogues Gallery weapon in the Flash Museum at Hal (pg. 12). THEN he tags Hal with a super-speed sucker punch to the face (pg. 15). THEN he grabs Hal by the feet and starts spinning him around at super-speed. Remarkably, Hal manages to hold his own during the fight.

Still, nothing quite beats Kyle smacking Hal/Parallax in the back of the head with a metal pipe in GLv3 #64. The fact that Hal barely felt it is rather impressive. I guess Parallax was good for something after all. ;-)

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Oh foldedsoup, you are SUCH a perv. I love it.

It's true that Batman annoys me to no end, but I don't want to slap him. I would prefer to kick him in the groin! Or, as I like to refer to it, his "bat-pole" Haw!

I'd Love to interview you Fortress Keeper! Now I'll have to come up with some good ones.

Let's see...

1...Who do you want to kick the most, Batman or Tony Stark?

2...Aquaman or Namor? Who is actually the better ruler of Atlantis?

3...If Lex Luthor ever actually suceeded in killing off Superman, do you think he'd be happy or regretful?

4...If you had Alfred for a day, what would you do? (this is too good not to be stolen from Kalinara)

5...Who has the better butt? Hal, Kyle or someone else?

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Oooh, I like those questions. :-) May I play, too, please?

1...Who do you want to kick the most, Batman or Tony Stark?
>Tony Stark. I’d just like to slap Batman.

2...Aquaman or Namor? Who is actually the better ruler of Atlantis?
>Aquaman. At least he somewhat understands the human condition (plus he never tried to do anything as idiotic as posing as a movie director just to woo Susan Storm).

3...If Lex Luthor ever actually succeeded in killing off Superman, do you think he'd be happy or regretful?
>Regretful, because then he’d have lost his purpose in life.

4...If you had Alfred for a day, what would you do? (this is too good not to be stolen from Kalinara)
>Sit down to tea with him and talk about anything BUT Batman.

5...Who has the better butt? Hal, Kyle or someone else?
>HAL. Especially the way Ivan Reis draws him. ;-) Sometimes I’d like to just reach into those beautifully drawn panels and ... and ...
(Okay, STOP right there, Sea! Breathe ... BREATHE ...!!!)

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger rachelle said...

I like Green Arrow being all "Wha-aat?!"

I want questions!!!

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Rachelle, Green Arrow is always fun. I've given you your questions on your own blog, so answer away!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home