Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Random Mutterings

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Friday, June 22, 2007

Random Mutterings

All kinds of interesting things have been going on this week in the wacky world of comics. But first, I have to say that I am now the proud owner of John Stewart's autograph! Yes indeedy! My son Chris went to Six Flags,New England yesturday with some friends, and managed to visit the Hall of Justice. He was asked by the Justice League if he liked comic books, to which he replied "no, he likes Yu-Gi-Oh cards, but his Mother LOVES comics". When further pressed, he admitted that I like Green Lantern the best, so I got an autograph from John Stewart, COMPLETE with a little drawing of a Lantern insignia. In order to keep Wonder Woman from crying however, Chris also kindly pointed out that I also like the Justice League, so I got autographs from Wonder Woman and the Flash as well. No Batman, but he's just an old poopy-pants anyway.

Hoohah!

Well, The Brave & the Bold finally came out, and it was deightful as usual. Lobo, Supergirl AND Destiny! An odd, but strangely impelling combination. Plus Blue Beetle just ...sort of...shot Batman!

Seriously, this cracks me up. Supergirl just pulled a Guy Gardner on Lobo! He's really going to have to start asking for the cash up front. And next issue, is more Green Lantern goodness!

I haven't been reading too much Marvel lately...I find it to be too depressing, but I did enjoy this particular view of Hercules, who has been having a little tussle with the Hulk.

That's one find behind! Not quite up to GL standards, but perfectly acceptable.

This is probably why I find that access to my blog has apparently been rated "R" for outrageous content or something. I have used the words; "death", "slap", "pissed" and "zombie". Won't SOMEONE think of the children?

Finally, the JSA/JLA teamup was ok. I'm glad that Wally is back with Linda and the kids, but I'm with Ragnell on this particular point...couldn't they have introduced Wally's family? Last time they were seen, those kids were babies. There are probably a few readers who don't have a clue as to who they are either. I realize that they may have been presented to the Leage and Society off-page, but why oh WHY is all the interesting stuff going on off-page lately? I'm STILL pissed that I've never gotten my Guy/Kilowog/Arisia reunion.

Uh oh. Just used the word "pissed" again. That won't help my rating.

4 Comments:

At 11:37 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

I agree with you 100% on the Legion of Super-Heroes. Except for Starman/Thom. I just love him. I hope I'm that cheerful and entertaining if I ever go insane. Of course, he had to become a JSA member in order for me to love him. :-)

Flash spoiler: Wally is back, but now Bart is dead. It's an unwritten DCU law, apparently: Only two Flashes at a time.

Loved the warm-and-fuzzy JLA moment between Wally, Roy, and Hal, though.

 
At 6:18 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Well...Thom is something of a hoot. I'm glad he's staying in the Justice Society.

What IS the thing with the Flashes? Why not have Jay and Barry and Wally AND Bart! There are a crapload of Green Lanterns running around and nobody minds. There are a whole passel of Bat-related heroes and heroines. There are Superpeople out the literal wazoo.

Let's have a Flash Brigade or something.

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger Dwayne "the canoe guy" said...

I was kind of happy that KK got left in the past. Starts to jive with his own book back in the 70's when came back to our time.

 
At 7:15 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Dwayne, I just feel a bit sorry for the poor fellow. By the look on his face, he was completely gob-smacked.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home