Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: The Cool Factor

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Monday, September 25, 2017

The Cool Factor

I... used to be cool. I got married and had kids, which certainly reduces One's coolness, but then I was the mom who read comic books and drew all my kid's friends pictures of Nightcrawler and Hal Jordan, so I still retainers a certain... something that might be described as cool.

At work I am the only one in the office who can explain the Marvel movies, or at least rhapsodize mutually over them.

But last night I did alas, lose whatever meager remnants of cool that I ever did possess. Somehow, whilst channel surfing, my Sweet Babboo, discovered an old episode of...Hee Haw. I NEVER watched the show as a kid, although I had unfortunately heard of it. It is just so... corny. And God save me, we watched it in a combination of horror and bemusement, and then I... laughed at one of he terrible jokes.

I am not proud of this.

I think I will have to go and binge watch some John Oliver in order to retain my liberal elite credentials.

But as God is my witness...I laughed.

7 Comments:

At 8:31 AM, Blogger Jeff McGinley said...

I've been a fan of vaudeville style humor and subversive humor my whole life.
When I was little I watched Laugh in with my family regularly, and my Grandfather watched Hee Haw regularly. For a long time my young mind believed they were the same show, and I was confused by how inconsistent it was.

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger CalvinPitt said...

Just say you were laughing ironically. I've been told that's what all the cool kids do.

I know I saw Hee-Haw occasionally on TV when I was a kid, but can't remember a single joke or line from it. Just vague memories of people in overall popping out of fake cornfields to say something or the other.

 
At 3:55 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Jeff, that Laugh-In and Bee Haw were the same show... is the greatest thing ever!

Calvin, I would LIKE to say it was ironic laughter... but dang it, it was just a terribly cheesy joke. And yes, there did seem to be a whole lot of people popping out of cornfields. Which, when you think about it... is indeed a lot like Laugh-In.

My God! It WAS the sMe show!

 
At 7:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I once had the idea of updating Hee-Haw but with rappers. Calling it Hip-Haw or Hee-Hop. If only I had the money, the contacts and the lawyers...

And I dare anyone to sit through any episode with Junior Samples hawking cars and NOT laugh out of whatever emotion comes to mind.

Pretty sure most of those guys on that show would be liberals or liberal icons (Johnny Cash, Buck Owens, Willie Nelson would show up iirc) anyway. So that at least is preserved.

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

I like Hee Hop!

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger -3- said...

It should be remembered that Hee Haw was massively popular and running at the head of the pack in the ratings when it was cancelled by a suited dweeb who didn't want the show on his network because it might make him seem not cool. Lot's of folks were laughing. (Me, just grinnin' at the pickin' (Yes, i'm old))

And somebody should edit a killer mash-up of Laugh-In & Hee Haw.

 
At 5:34 AM, Blogger icynacey said...

The Buffet at Wynn Las Vegas - MapYRO
View 대구광역 출장마사지 map of The Buffet at Wynn Las Vegas in Las Vegas, NV. From the 남양주 출장샵 moment you're at The 양주 출장마사지 Buffet 밀양 출장샵 at Wynn 상주 출장마사지 Las Vegas, the experience is completely

 

Post a Comment

<< Home