Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Woohoooooo!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Saturday, August 19, 2017

Woohoooooo!

Finally!

Some GOOD news from comicbookdom!

I just found out that Mark Ward and Chris Samnee are going to helm the new Captain America book, following the interminable evil Cap/Secret Empire disaster. If anyone can write and draw a good book, it those two gentlemen.

I have been trying with all my might to avoid this summer's gawdawful crossover with an evil Cap as much as possible, but as usual, it isn't easy. They blew up Las Vegas for heaven's sake! Marvel wanted comic book store employees to wear Hydra T-shirts... which is just a tad problematic, since Hydra is a Nazi organization, and we have had to deal with Neo-Nazis waaaaaay too much lately.

Evil CP is a really really terrible idea, and while I was pretty sure that in the way of comic books, the status quo was going to be reset, I didn't know how they were going to pull it off. At this point, if Steve is in the shower and somebody sighs in relief, and it was all just a dream, I would be satisfied. I think there are... two Caps wandering around at the  moment, or something?

Anyhoo.

I am happy.

And I am even happier that I didn't waste my money on buying this putrescent waste of a character.

5 Comments:

At 7:09 AM, Blogger ShellyS said...

That is, indeed, good news.

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger CalvinPitt said...

I don't know how they intend to put that genie back in bottle. Somehow, just having Steve Rogers drive around the country on a motorcycle feeling bad about blowing up Las Vegas doesn't seem like it'll cut it, but Waid and Samnee have as good a shot of making something workable out of this mess as anyone.

I've been extremely grateful none of the Marvel comics I've been buying have tied into Secret Empire (although Ms. Marvel feels like it's doing a tie-in without labeling it as such).

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Good news is... hard to come by, but I am just a wee bit excited.

It's hard to avoid, isn't it Calvin? I love the Champions, but good grief... it was a dreadful issue! Thanks Marvel for letting teenagers deal with death and mass destruction!

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger googum said...

At this rate, Marvel's going to have to freeze Mark Waid to bring him back every time Cap's book gets screwed up.

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Haw!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home