Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: I Am Gobsmacked

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Tuesday, August 01, 2017

I Am Gobsmacked

I can hardly believe that I am typing this... but I have given up on reading Green Lantern Corps.

I almost feel as though there should be an vaguely apocalyptic rumble or something.

I started this ridiculous blog in September of 2006, so I have been at this for... well, quite a while. And while I expressed my love of a LOT of comics, Green Lanterns (and their butts) were the particular focus of my attention.  I gobbled up back issues, I chortled over scans of Hal getting hit in the head. I reveled in Guy's antics in the JLI. I swooned over all those Gil Kane ads shots. I enjoyed the heck out of Geoff Johns adoration of Hal.

Good times, good times.

But lately... it has been something of a chore to even READ the Green Lantern books.   The plots have been... humdrum, to say the least. The art has been... okay, I guess. Characterization and humor have more or less disappeared.  Guy is still the best, but he has barely been used.

It isn't just the Green Lanterns. I have dropped a TON of books lately. I am hardly reading any DC at all, which rather breaks my heart, but I haven't quite forgiven them for dumping most of my favorite characters. I am only reading the more quirky books at Marvel... chiefly Squirrel Girl, and Ms. marvel and Champions, and Thor. Making Captain America a Hydra Agent pretty much ruined my summer.

So...i am still hanging in there, and posting occasionally... but I sure am depressed.

5 Comments:

At 4:48 PM, Blogger ShellyS said...

Wow. I know the feeling. I felt that way with New 52. I dropped so many books back then. Rebirth has given me reason to return, but now that Rucka is off Wonder Woman, it's become so bland and uninteresting. It's always hard to give up comics you've been reading seemingly forever.

 
At 7:15 AM, Blogger Jeff McGinley said...

Condolences. I did that as well back in nu52 with Green Lantern and most other titles. The Superman/ Action/ Super Sons books brought me back after rebirth. Hope and fun in the D.C. Universe. Imagine that! Plus Batman is the greatest straight man ever.

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

I have always had a tendency to hang on waaaay too long, hoping a book will get better, but I have managed to nip that in the bud. I will have to start sampling small I guess some of the rebirth rebirth rebirth books.

That's a whole lot of birthing!

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger Erin S. said...

Yeah I've had this happen way too much to me too. Sorry your favorites aren't being treated better or at least interestingly.

I love RHATO, Gotham Academy and Aquaman. I've read a little of Action Comics and I like Tomasi writing the Kents in Superman more than his Waynes. Everything else is okay, kinda meh or bad.

 
At 6:03 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

There seems to be a whole lot of meh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home