Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: I Need My Bat Bat!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Friday, August 04, 2017

I Need My Bat Bat!

So... last night I am sound asleep about one AM, when my son rushes into my room babbling that there is a flying rodent downstairs... in other words, a bat has somehow managed to get into the house.

*sigh*

It is an old house, this usually happens at least once a summer, although it has actually been a few since the last time. For some reason, I am the resident Bat patrol. I used to use a giant yellow plastic shuffle bat, nowadays I just use a broom, with which I can usually give it a good smack mid-air, and then clamp a box or coffee can over it, and take it outside. I don't kill them, but I probably give them quite the headache.

Except... last night, I was only able to graze the little bigger a few times... and then he or she UPS and DISAPPEARS! So... as of this morning I am very cautiously... poking around, and still haven't found it. I am reading the newspaper and my tablet, rather expecting it to come swooping down any minute. I really need a super... or even not-so-super hero right about now.

3 Comments:

At 3:24 PM, Blogger CalvinPitt said...

Did you turn your back on it for a moment before it disappeared? I've heard bats like to pull the old disappearing act when people aren't looking.

 
At 5:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My friend from Vermont has this problem sometimes. Instead of going for the bat-bat, she says the best thing to do is turn out the lights in the room where it is and open a window or door. They can sense the air flow.

 
At 5:59 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

They do seem to appear and disappear like magic!

Turning off the lights and opening the doors is a tactic I have not tried... and now I will! Thank you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home